Jason Prior stretchered off with broken leg

JH

This is like Dream Team or something.

Actually, its a bit like when Harchester United pulled a random fan out of the stadium and he went on to be their best striker :lol:

Just reading the Wiki for this thing, as I didn't know it...

Atkinson was replaced by former PSV Eindhoven boss Ian Coates who helped keep the club in the Premiership at the end of 1997/98. Tragedy struck during that season however as chairman Michael Jacobs died of a heart attack during a training session in which he joined in with his team.

However, in May 1999 following an emphatic FA Cup Final victory over Man United at Wembley Stadium, an unknown hitman attempted to shoot Jerry Block’s wife Lynda Block but shot club captain John Black dead instead.

The Dragons were severely weakened for that game though following a coach crash whilst travelling to that game in which three players were killed. Following the accident, manager Patrick Doyle promised to bring success to the club but it was later revealed that he had another motive of attempting to relegate the club.

However, tragedy struck when deranged ex-manager Don Barker, who had killed Harchester icon Karl Fletcher hours earlier, drove his auto into the team coach, with all but 4 members of the Harchester United party dying in the crash or the ensuing fire.

They were allowed to replay their final Premiership game with Everton though which had previously been abandoned at Half Time as a now-mentally-ill Jamie Parker took the team hostage during the interval. He was killed by armed police following that incident. Harchester United did survive relegation but Doyle didn’t as he was found dead.

What the f*** was this? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cannot believe I never watched this show

:lol: The lad winning the game, walking down the tunnel, up a set of mysterious ladders, and throwing himself off the stadium roof

From YOOTUBE comments

i think theres about 10 deaths missing on this video.

TONYCOV881 3 years ago

i didnt but them all in it would be too long

birkoniajack 3 years ago

:lol:

Anyway, back to reality, it's not uncommon for non-league players to have trials at premier league clubs. There is actually some decent players knocking about. My local club, Hampton and Richmond Borough (Blue Square Bet South) have players going for trials all the time. A lad called Ben Wright was all set to sign for Fulham when Hodgson was there but they pulled it after the medical as he's had a bad knee injury, fee agreed was in the region of £45k. Ended up going to Peterborough for £30k, but when Ferguson got the boot they let him go back to non-league. We also sold Darren Powell to Brentford when he was 23 I think, and he went on to play at Palace and Southampton.

DJ Campbell is another good example, as are Les Ferdinand, Jason Roberts, Stan Collymore, Ian Wright, Stuart Pearce - and our very own Alan Pardew.

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/592/Top_Ten_Non_League_to_Premier_League.aspx

I've been watching Hampton since 1987 and I can tell you there are players I have seen who should have played professional. I've actually seen this guy play in the flesh. I'm not saying he's the next big thing and he'll score bags of goals but he's got a good eye for goal and that is something you can use at any level. If he has the rest of the attributes to make it in the big leagues I don't know but I guess if he hasn't we won't see him on the pitch.

Of course, he might not sign yet, but I hope he does. Bognor are a decent little club and I've actually had a run in with Eastleigh fans. A group of them kicked off at our ground a couple of years ago, so it's be good to get one over on them.  ;D

:) I can agree with this too having watched many a non league game Worksop and now Harrogate. There was a guy who played for worksop who played for New Zealand in the last world cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Bertos

And ex Blyth and newcastle Paul Brayson is an absolute machine in the Conf. North. Bit old now like :D

About 15 years ago Worksop sold their Keeper to the Mackems too. (Forgot the name, but I don't think he made it)

Put £10k cash in used readies on the table and I reckon they'll start talking. Maybe hoy in a few Donnay drill tops for them too.

£10k cash, or part-exchange with alan smith (alan smith + £20k cash)

My local club, Hampton and Richmond Borough (Blue Square Bet South) have players going for trials all the time.

the guardian rumour mill (i think? or the bbc one?) said yesterday we were going to jump in on portsmouth's deal for dan thompson, funnily enough. any cop?

Not seen him myself. Hardly played for the first team but is very highly thought of. Only 17 though, so whoever he goes to will be one for the future. My brother is heavily involved at the club though so if I hear anything i will post on here. Will probably sign for Pompey though, deal is very nearly done.

Or, he'll sign, score 7 goals in 13 appearances and move onto Liverpool on the last day of the summer transfer window for £40m

Then start playing like your standard Bognor player, nah that won't happen twice.

Guest Gupster81

As secretary of the Bognor Regis Town FC supporters club, the exposure this is giving our club is fantastic. I know players trial all the time, but its nice there has been no "slating" of Jason on here (unlike Eastleigh). Jason has got some fantastic footballing attributes and has legendary status at BRTFC after just 2 seasons = 90+ goals in 120 odd games is a statistic not to be snuffed at!!

All we hope for at BRTFC is that Jason gets to the level he deserves - is that the Premier League, who knows??

Thanks for the kind words - yes I am the one who made that Video (sorry for shoddy work, but only made on 1 small camcorder), we would love to have better videoing equipment, but it will do.

All the best this season, you've made our Christmas - if we are Soooooooo excited, imagine how Jason feels!!!

One favour - lets get JP9 trending in Twitter = #JP9. Its been our goal for a few weeks now.

"We signed him up from Moneyfields, Prior,Prior.

He used to be a scaffolder Prior,Prior.

He could av gone to East-er-lee,

but now he's at the toon army,

Jason Prior Bognor's number 9"