Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

If we don't change our formation up 2nd half I can see us giving an average-looking Liverpool the 3 points like. Obertan useless as always and no idea why Vukic is on ahead of Ben Arfa. We all know what he offers when he's on and we're lacking a lot of it at the minute.

I think we need to slow the game down, playing at pace is suiting Liverpool fine, we lose the ball and they just pass it out wide as soon as possible and race at our fullbacks. Simpson is doing alright but Obertan keeps giving away the ball. If we can keep the ball, we can get our players forward a bit and work the ball into their half and frustrate them. We just seem to panic and give away possession so easily.

Liverpool didn't really create nothing but with the possession they had they are sure to score. Obertan is shocking. He simply doesn't care and just tries to look like he's defending. With ball he's useless as normally.

Guest VaVaVoom

Tiote turning up to the big game, as usual too. :) Obertan is such a coward though man, I swear :lol: So uncommitted against the Liverpool mutants.

This.

Say the same for Raylor too.

Tiote has been out best player. Him and Colo.

Id chuck on Best for Vuckic, we need the ball to stick better up top.

Oh come on. Best to keep the ball? Have we not gone through this already.

And bring on Ben arfa to do basically what Vuckic has done? Okay so you could argue Shola deserves a shot, just someone who can help Ba out up there and bring the midfielders into the game.

Vuckic for HBA will work, I'm telling you. He has the ability to turn players and face forward. Vuckic can't do anything with his back to goal.

What's the point when there's no fucker up there with him though?

im i the only one that thinks we are playing quite well?

compared to the smash it upfield football we been dishing out for last 4 games, i think we havent looked that badly, 

liverpool are a decent side.

Agreed.  We were playing pretty well until we scored and could not kill the game for 10 mins. Pretty much no threat from Liverpool and was always a threat for us to score on break.  Second half need to kill the game again and frustrate Liverpool and the ground and hope for a chance or two to fall our way.

Pards messing up again, our attack is fucking toothless. Vuckic in the role Pardew apparently sees Ben Arfa occupying, who he's left on the bench. The kid looks like he's drowning. We need someone to hold their own, be quick on their feet, and create a link between Ba and the midfield. Tiote's been fucking boss. Cabaye could do better, but Obertan on the right is pathetic as usual, and Raylor is being raped on the flanks by Downing. Simpson's been fantastic, as have Willo and Colo (so glad to have a decent CB pairing again). Raylor's funnily enough done well to recover once he gets skinned, so at least he's done his bit :D

Sounds like our ball retention has been woeful (which is nothing new in recent games) Vuckic looking lost in an unfamiliar role, Obertan not in it and Ryan Taylor looking like a fish out of water. That said, doesn't appear that Liverpool have the nous at the moment to take advantage of it.