Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

Not massively disappointed. It was the second goal that killed us and I just can't understand why Simpson dropped back onto the line.

Not buying the Tiote/Cabaye were poor line. They didn't dominate but they hardly had a lot to work with. Jonas, Obertan, Vukcic and Ben Arfa were all poor tonight which didn't help Tiote and Cabaye. My biggest gripe with Tiote is he let Gerrard run past him for the goal.

No way that Coloccini will get a retrospective ban, worried about Cabaye though.

Thought they could only ban retrospectively if ref didn't see it properly. Might apply for Coloccini but ref had a perfect view of Cabaye and let play continue.

No way that Coloccini will get a retrospective ban, worried about Cabaye though.

Thought they could only ban retrospectively if ref didn't see it properly. Might apply for Coloccini but ref had a perfect view of Cabaye and let play continue.

Thought ref was turned other way when cabaye did that, horrible tackle though could have broken his leg

Turned his back before the challenge went over the top tbh. Watched it countless times.

All depends on whether he says he saw it or not.

LMFAO. Liverpool fans saying Bellamy was elbowed in the face and Colo should have seen red. Fucking hell, do they never stop?

I'm expecting a media witch hunt resulting in a ban for this one to be honest.

Probably, if Sammon's was reminded then theirs noway they can Colo.

Sky's commentary tonight was the most biased I've ever seen it, they might as well have just got their cocks out and showed us themselves wanting over Liverpool instead of trying to hide it.

I don`t think i`ve ever seen that close up slow mo during a match before highlighting a coming together to make it look worse.

Fucking Steven Gerrard taking control of a game in a way other English midfielders coould only dream of. Hope for Englands sake he can remain fit.

I wouldn't say he took control, but he showed his class every time he was on the ball. He took his goal brilliantly.

For some reason, few people on this board rate him.

Fucking Steven Gerrard taking control of a game in a way other English midfielders coould only dream of. Hope for Englands sake he can remain fit.

I wouldn't say he took control, but he showed his class every time he was on the ball. He took his goal brilliantly.

For some reason, few people on this board rate him.

I don`t see why they gave him MOTM though, skertal should have got it.

Fuck off Dalglish. Fuck off Carroll. Fuck off Bellamy. Fuck off Enrique.

Fuck off Gerrard.

That is all. Cunts.

That's exactly the post I wanted to make.

Hate Liverpool, fucking hate them. It's so frustrating that we couldn't manage a draw against the cunts.

Also, fuck off Obertan.

:thup:

f*** off Dalglish. f*** off Carroll. f*** off Bellamy. f*** off Enrique.

f*** off Gerrard.

That is all. c***s.

Hate Liverpool, f***ing hate them. It's so frustrating that we couldn't manage a draw against the c***s.

Also, f*** off Obertan.

And special fuck off to Simpson, Jonas and Taylor

Guest thenorthumbrian

f*** off Gerrard.

That is all. c***s.

Hate Liverpool, f***ing hate them. It's so frustrating that we couldn't manage a draw against the c***s.

Also, f*** off Obertan.

And special f*** off to Simpson, Jonas and Taylor

Aye, no point in blaming Liverpool for being better and more ambitious than us. 

f*** off Gerrard.

That is all. c***s.

Also, f*** off Obertan.

And special f*** off to Simpson, Jonas and Taylor

Aye, no point in blaming Liverpool for being better and more ambitious than us. 

I can accept better and they were, but we don't exactly make it hard by giving the ball away every second or backing off every time a player takes you on like the two useless fuckers at full back, or Jonas being fucking dreadful, not exactly an outlet on that side and does not appear to be working as hard as once was, which means he offers nothing as he has no end product

Guest thenorthumbrian

They're better than us because as lot of our players are poorer than theirs.

Not sure what you're point is ???

If we had the ambition to hold on to our better players as well as make shrewd signings there would be no reason United couldn't compete at the top end of the table.

Under Ashley United will never compete in the way a club with the potential we have should be doing.

Don't know if it's actually affecting us, but I recall Joey Barton to be very important at this stage of the season last year. He would have been able to provide the "no fear" feeling yesterday rather than the cowardly manner of our midfield.

Like he did at Anfield last season?

Don't know if it's actually affecting us, but I recall Joey Barton to be very important at this stage of the season last year. He would have been able to provide the "no fear" feeling yesterday rather than the cowardly manner of our midfield.

I recall actually having a player who could cross a ball, play a pass, win a tackle and all that on the right wing...

Seriously though, I don't think Cabaye has had a good game in a few months and Tiote is suffering alarmingly from second season syndrome.

Seriously though, I don't think Cabaye has had a good game in a few months and Tiote is suffering alarmingly from second season syndrome.

I only agree to some extent, but then it's no surprise when Krul insists in bypassing the midfield at just about every opportunity - the second half (for forty minutes) aside.

Guest neesy111

Average Positions from Last Night:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg610/scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=slcgm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Explains quite a lot.

Blood still boiling about this one!

The bad:

WTF was Pardew thinking with his selection of Vukic ahead of Ben Arfa?!!  I rate the young quite highly but even after 30mins he looked like a rabbit in the headlights.  Showed them way to much respect with formation/tactics.  They've been relatively pish at anfield this season.  Could have played on that and got the crowd unsettled etc. Pardew's man management of our no.10 has been addressed in great depth on another thread on the forum but he needs to have a serious think about this.

Ba might as well have left for the ACN before the match, such was the scant supply he received from our so called midfield.  And don't get me fecking started on those two twats called 'wingers' we supposedly have in the squad.  Did Obertan or Jonas supply one cross or beat their man the entire game?

Also could a certain Mr D Simpson just do one and f**k off!!!  In my opinion he was the worst player in a black and white shirt last night by a country mile (and that's a tough award to win considering his competition). A new right-back should be our no.1 priority in the Jan transfer window. 

The 'good':

Fristly, thought our fans were brilliant last night!  Could hear them over the famous 'kop' all night.

It was only 3!  Could easily have been more.

Judas no.1 didn't score

Judas no.2 didn't score either!

Santon got another 45mins under his belt.  He didn't play particulary well but will have learnt a helluva lot and should be a starter from here on in.

At least it wasn't 4-3 which would have had the sky studio tugging themselves!

But I have to reserve my real criticism for the sky coverage.  I've never heard/watched such a one-sided commentary in my entire life!  From the get-go it was all about liverpool getting 3 points and getting back in the group 'where they belong' and cosigning us to 'the mid table' group.  Just get to f**k!!!!  They start crap and it's all excuses like 'work in progress', 'injuries', 'suspensions' etc but when they're winning then it's all bullshit about 'classic' liverpool.  Gerrard's a cracking footballer but they way they wanked over this guy was unreal.  It was the xmas liverpool show and opposition were they just to make up the numbers.