Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

Taylor is actually competent in possession.  Surprised you didn't pick Simpson as your reason, because that is the obvious (and accurate) choice.

Taylor is better than Simpson in possession, it's true. Tiote and Colo worked so hard to play out of the back. Really smooth and sophisticated shit, then Simpson slices out of play near our own corner flag. :jesuswept:

Half the reason Krul has to hoof the ball is because he's terrified to pass out to the shitehawk that is Ryan Taylor.

Not sure that quite stacks up, Coloccini is one of the best centre halves in the league with the ball at his feet and recently there's been a very noticable lack of playing it short to him either. Krul is either taking it upon himself to smack it up to the forwards time after time or the tactics have been changed.

It's quite rare to be able to play it short to CB and as far as playing it to our fullbacks, I think it's better to lose possession past halfway line than on our own third.

The fact is, we've massively overachieved and we're being found out. Our strongest XI ain't bad, but there's is no depth: the backup players are rotten. We have a few quality players, and fortunately in key positions: Ba, Tiote, Cabaye and Colo--if we can keep that spine intact, we'll be OK. Don't think we can afford to lose them and, unfortunately, two of them are off to Africa. We desperately need to invest as we, ideally, need to fill 3 first team slots (Simpson, Raylor, Obertan) plus strengthen the squad in general.

No doubt Pardew is shitting it, but no wonder: he's discovering that his side is patchier than Nick Cage's career.

It's not just that, we look a little burnt out, we are playing like morons that can't put passes together, we have lost all motivation to chase the ball and all hunger to attack. We are pedestrian from start to finish and have little clue what to do with the ball in the opponents half of the pitch and less of a clue how to get it there other than hoofing it in the air.

Been unlucky with injuries too but we are going to be crippled with Ba and Tiote gone and none of our injured players returning. Even a new defender (realistically just the one, which will be from the Championship) wont help us going forward.

We need someone in to pep the players up and something to motivate us going forward.

Well, we're in a slump. It's a big test for Pardew. The truth is: we haven't played terribly well this season, but in key areas we've been able to compete: but there's only so far you can push your luck.

I'm yet to see any attacking fluidity from us under Pardew, which is surprising as, and I didnt see Southampton, but both West Ham and Charlton we really good flowing attacking sides. I said alot of people initial concerns about him playing long ball football were rubbish, ironically they have become a reality.

I dont know if its because he doesnt have the players but its just not clicking and it hasnt yet. Certainly alot to do with our full backs and Wingers.

Taylor is actually competent in possession.  Surprised you didn't pick Simpson as your reason, because that is the obvious (and accurate) choice.

Taylor is better than Simpson in possession, it's true. Tiote and Colo worked so hard to play out of the back. Really smooth and sophisticated shit, then Simpson slices out of play near our own corner flag. :jesuswept:

Tiote's pass was horrible. It's like being in the park and passing to the spazzy kid when he can barely kick a ball straight.

Guest bluegeordie

Given our history, obviously the result today was hardly a surprise ... BUT, that was a shockingly clueless, gutless, and unbelievably frustrating performance.

We made nothing of the luck of getting the first goal, and the number of times we needlessly gave the ball away in midfield had me climbing the walls.

Obertan and Jonas were impotent; Raylor and Simpson incompetent; Ben Arfa largely invisible ... oh fuck it, "we were shit" is a sufficient analysis for now. 

With that kind of "service", Ba must be looking forward to getting away in January. How we'll score in his absence, I don't know.   

So will Colocchini get a ban for smashing Bellamy up?

He shouldn't. Wouldn't have been an issue if Bellamy didn't have blood everywhere.

When they showed the close up replay it looked fairly intentional to me. That aside, the decision for the free kick which led to the second was weak, our fullbacks are awful and the wingers are worse. Only positives from the game are Santon being in control of Downing and Ba looking like scoring everytime he gets in the box.

Given our history, obviously the result today was hardly a surprise ... BUT, that was a shockingly clueless, gutless, and unbelievably frustrating performance.

We made nothing of the luck of getting the first goal, and the number of times we needlessly gave the ball away in midfield had me climbing the walls.

Obertan and Jonas were impotent; Raylor and Simpson incompetent; Ben Arfa largely invisible ... oh fuck it, "we were shit" is a sufficient analysis for now. 

With that kind of "service", Ba must be looking forward to getting away in January. How we'll score in his absence, I don't know.   

Maybe we'll be lucky and Good Shola will turn up, not the shit one.

Whilst everyone is in a f**k off mood, Sammy is awful too

Second this.

Its the curse of the right wing vacum that drains all potentially decent players of confidence, confidence he had at the end of last season, which in turn made him look like he had more skills than we thought, the natural order has now been restored.

media on a massive gerard wankfest right now lol

yes he scored a decent goal, apart from that he just came on the field and done a david beckham impersonation.  pinging it and putting the ball on the six pence,  he hadly even moved.

Quite bitter this, tbh. :lol: Did well in his time on the pitch, but the MOTM was Bellamy and that's as clear as fucking day to all.

Obertan and Jonas were impotent; Raylor and Simpson incompetent; Ben Arfa largely invisible ... oh f*** it, "we were s***" is a sufficient analysis for now. 

Maybe we'll be lucky and Good Shola will turn up, not the s*** one.

Luckily we have a fair few winnable games coming up. Take the Man U game as one that could go either way, and can see us picking up a fair few points. We'll do well to finish 7th playing like that though.

media on a massive gerard wankfest right now lol

yes he scored a decent goal, apart from that he just came on the field and done a david beckham impersonation.  pinging it and putting the ball on the six pence,  he hadly even moved.

Quite bitter this, tbh. :lol: Did well in his time on the pitch, but the MOTM was Bellamy and that's as clear as f***ing day to all.

This. They're both cunts mind.

Krul 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, but probably needs to boss his defenders a bit more.

Simpson 3 - Typical performance. Doesn't really want the ball in attack. Content to just try to keep goalside in defence.

Williamson 7 - Did well against a tough opponent.

Coloccini 7 - Good reading of the game as per.

Taylor 4 - Still looks a limited player.

Obertan 3 - Occasional good moment, but as usual, lacked aggression.

Tiote 6 - Got involved a lot. I just think he hangs on to the ball too long sometimes.

Cabaye 6 - Looked comfortable on the ball, but didn't have much chance to create things.

Jonas 4 - Struggled. When the opposition closes him down quick and early, he finds it difficult.

Ba 7 - For effort and what could have been a brilliant goal.

Vuckic 5 - Wasn't in the right role.

Ben Arfa 5 - Tried to get involved but came on as the game was slipping away from us.

Santon 7 - Adds a different dimension to the attack. Really ought to start.

Sammi - Too late to make an impact, especially when the game was already lost.

I think Gerrard won them the game. We were - somehow - starting to boss it when he came on. Even though we struggled to create chances, Ben Arfa for Vuckic and no Gerrard; we would have had them.

Anyway, no real surprise that our full backs are shit is it? The two of them and Obertan today were fucking woeful. We need replacements. Also, Jonas needs a rest. I'd seriously start someone else there against Man United, he does not provide cover nor does he threaten the box or anything right now.

Impressed with Cheik, Colo and Williamson today.

Krul 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, but probably needs to boss his defenders a bit more.

Simpson 3 - Typical performance. Doesn't really want the ball in attack. Content to just try to keep goalside in defence.

Williamson 7 - Did well against a tough opponent.

Coloccini 7 - Good reading of the game as per.

Taylor 4 - Still looks a limited player.

Obertan 3 - Occasional good moment, but as usual, lacked aggression.

Tiote 6 - Got involved a lot. I just think he hangs on to the ball too long sometimes.

Cabaye 6 - Looked comfortable on the ball, but didn't have much chance to create things.

Jonas 4 - Struggled. When the opposition closes him down quick and early, he finds it difficult.

Ba 7 - For effort and what could have been a brilliant goal.

Vuckic 5 - Wasn't in the right role.

Ben Arfa 5 - Tried to get involved but came on as the game was slipping away from us.

Santon 7 - Adds a different dimension to the attack. Really ought to start.

Sammi - Too late to make an impact, especially when the game was already lost.

Best ratings on here IMO :thup:

i think we're letting the great start to the season cloud our judgement , and seem to have sent some of our fans expectation off the stratosphere.

we made fundamental mistake tonight, it wasnt like they had 20 clear one on ones and mullered us 10 -0. 

we getting completely carried away,  did any of us really expect us to smash a few goals past the scouse when we looked piss poor vs norwich swansea wba even bolton until the last 20 mins,

even when we were up in the top four earlier in the season at no time did we look like burying anyone,  we had our fair share of good fortune when we won a lot of those games.

I think Gerrard won them the game. We were - somehow - starting to boss it when he came on. Even though we struggled to create chances, Ben Arfa for Vuckic and no Gerrard; we would have had them.

Anyway, no real surprise that our full backs are shit is it? The two of them and Obertan today were fucking woeful. We need replacements. Also, Jonas needs a rest. I'd seriously start someone else there against Man United, he does not provide cover nor does he threaten the box or anything right now.

Impressed with Cheik, Colo and Williamson today.

aye, gerrard was bloody good tbf to him

Guest bluegeordie

Obertan and Jonas were impotent; Raylor and Simpson incompetent; Ben Arfa largely invisible ... oh f*** it, "we were s***" is a sufficient analysis for now. 

Maybe we'll be lucky and Good Shola will turn up, not the s*** one.

Luckily we have a fair few winnable games coming up. Take the Man U game as one that could go either way, and can see us picking up a fair few points. We'll do well to finish 7th playing like that though.

I'm going to contradict myself badly here, but although I agree that they're "winnable" games, I just can't see us actually winning many of them!

I take the point about Shola - although he typically plays like a drunken giraffe, there have been short periods where he's done okay, and hopefully he'll come up with one of those periods in Ba's absence. One thing's for certain, the linesmen will be kept busy flagging for needless offsides - Stroller's incredibly frustrating trademark. I fear it's going to be a loooooonnngggg month ahead.