Newcastle United 3 - 0 Man Utd - 04/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

Guest neesy111

Amazing Result despite the best efforts of the Howard Webb to help his team mates out.  Some farcical decisions all game.

Guest icemanblue

I honestly feel sorry for anyone who wasn't at the game last night. That was the absolute embodiment of why we follow this football club. A truly special night.

I feel rotten and unbelievably tired, but not a single fuck will be given today.

It was a great performance and an even better result, but I can't help feeling we played the worst kind of football like  :lol:. Cabaye, our 'playmaker', attempted just 25 passes, completing 17 of them. Perch then came on for him with 12 minutes and didn't actually attempt a single pass  :iamatwat:

I honestly feel sorry for anyone who wasn't at the game last night. That was the absolute embodiment of why we follow this football club. A truly special night.

I feel rotten and unbelievably tired, but not a single fuck will be given today.

It was everything this club is all about. Any player who didn't realise how much the fans are willing them to succeed will have had their eyes opened last night. What a fantastic atmosphere from start to finish. For once we showed the nation why St James Park is a place to fear.

We didn't play delicate passing game but nor did we play 'awful' football, didn't sit back, scythe down them coming into the area and then hoofed it long ASAP (though did get a goal that way :D ), we were diligant defending (we didn't get first yellow till late on which is telling imo) pressed high up the pitch and were fast and direct. Cabaye didn't do too much passing but did the right ones, and dictated pace of game for much of it.

A great night, heaven knows we never win nowt and we get our fair share of bad times but nights like this somehow make it all worthwhile.

Lets get the result in context too before it is put down to a Man Utd decline. A week ago everyone was talking them up for the league again as they drew level at the top. They were unbeaten away from home before yesterday (7 wins 2 draws) had conceded only 3 goals and played a keeper who had 7 clean sheets out of 7.

14 heroes on the park last night and a few more on the sidelines, but special mentions for the whole back 5, Santon looks like a very good player and if Colo is ever less than a 9/10 it'll be worth mentioning. Cabaye was superb even without the strike and Tiote played his best game of the season by some distance. What more can we say about Demba? World class hardly seems OTT.

A great night, heaven knows we never win nowt and we get our fair share of bad times but nights like this somehow make it all worthwhile.

Lets get the result in context too before it is put down to a Man Utd decline. A week ago everyone was talking them up for the league again as they drew level at the top. They were unbeaten away from home before yesterday (7 wins 2 draws) had conceded only 3 goals and played a keeper who had 7 clean sheets out of 7.

14 heroes on the park last night and a few more on the sidelines, but special mentions for the whole back 5, Santon looks like a very good player and if Colo is ever less than a 9/10 it'll be worth mentioning. Cabaye was superb even without the strike and Tiote played his best game of the season by some distance. What more can we say about Demba? World class hardly seems OTT.

:clap: Agree whole heartedly!

Just watched the replay again, that volley from Demba Ba, was just phenomenal. A joy to watch over and over again. As was Cabaye's, brilliant technique.

Ba's reminded me of Big Dunc's goal back in the day, just sheer strength then technique power and accuracy with the swing of the boot! Top Draw!

What a night!

I'll have a think about what I want to say, but I hope this is a sign of a return to form.

But fucking hell, get gubbed off Norwich then fuck Man United, yet again NUFC makes no sense, ever.

Colocinni is the best centreback I've ever seen at the club (admittedly not too hard) and I need to have a real think about this, but he's one of the best I've seen play in the premiership.

SSN Toon love in

:lol:

I an fkn shattered hardly slept a wink.

Well it's far cry from your disgraceful negativity yesterday, what happened to us getting 'destroyed'?  :shifty:

Well I would never bet against us but I truly thought I had wasted £3

:lol:

See what happens when Obertans doesn't play. Simpson felt more confident with Raylor covering and the interchanging down the right was much more efficent (no long diagonals over the top to Obe). The inj to Obe also meant that Santon got a start and basically had a fantastic game - running with the ball cutting inside, laying off passes and sprinting back. It was also noticeable that Shola and Ba were closer to each other than Best ever is. Fanastic result and real battling qualities shown. Memorable.

TalkShit with Keyes & Grey right now having a total Toon wankfest.. NEVER thought I would hear these two talk about us like this,

They always used to love us.

Back when we were challenging for the title, since then they haven't really had many nice things to say about us. Grey was the problem though, I still love that Martins goal at White heart lane because it made Grey speechless.