The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So glad to see Coloccini getting recognised by the media in a positive light. Thought he'd select Koscielny or Agger or something :smitten:

I'll be on my own here but i quite like Gary Neville. Superb pro and brilliant player for many a year during his career. Would love to have his geordie equivilant playing for us.

Has only gone up in my estimation since he moved to being a pundit n all. Clearly has a knowledge and passion for the game, does his research and stays away from cliches like the BBC Liverpool squad.

So glad to see Coloccini getting recognised by the media in a positive light. Thought he'd select Koscielny or Agger or something :smitten:

Agger is up there like, no coincidence Liverpool have gone to deeper levels of shit without him. Especially when the replacement is Carragher (finished) and/or Coates (inexperienced and possibly too slow)

Have a lot of time for Gary Neville.

He hates Liverpool with a passion and has a clear knowledge of the game.  Good enough for me.

Yh his punditry has been most impressive much better than imagined, his commentary his shite mind but still its him or Ray Wilkins so i suppose your getting the lesser of two evils.

Guest firetotheworks

I was massively sceptical, but Neville is head and shoulders above the other pundits I've seen in my lifetime. His insight is brilliant and his biases are non-existent. He's brilliant tbh.

His voice is very grating and he talks too much, which makes his co-commentry a bit of a chore to listen too (I prefer a co-commentator who just shuts up for 90 minutes in all honesty).

As a pundit he's great, hopefully he doesn't get lazy and decide to sit on his pay check whilst spouting random cliches.

Still think he's a shit co-commentator mind.

Reckon they should just scrap the lead commentator and have both Nev and Wilkins making strange comments throughout the game.

"Young man," "Bingo Time" etc.

:lol:

Still think he's a shit co-commentator mind.

Yep. Very good otherwise.

I'm not even sure why.

Must be a very different role, having to come up with stuff on the spot. Just seems to be a lot of verbal diarrhea, plus the random noises and ludicrous bias.

Nev got his back 5 pretty much spot on like. Maybe Richards over Walker but other than that, well played.

Maybe it's my black and white goggles but I reckon Krul's been better than Hart. A lot more to do for a start.

Nev got his back 5 pretty much spot on like. Maybe Richards over Walker but other than that, well played.

Maybe it's my black and white goggles but I reckon Krul's been better than Hart. A lot more to do for a start.

Second bit is a fair point. He did pretty much say it was a close run thing.