The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

One thing I will say about Ferguson - is it just me or is he generally more positive about foreign clubs and acceptant when they lose to them, compared to the usual bitterness shown in Premier League games he doesn't win for whatever reason?

"Typical Germans"

Wonder how much these lads are on. Half the team is probably on 3 grand a week or something silly like that. Just goes to prove you dont need billionaires in order to play decent fotball. Just a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go.

I think there's a bit more to Bielsa than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go".. You like to oversimplify things, don't you? Play FM much?

Football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue.

No idea what he says to the lads, but they are playing 10 times the fotball at 1/10th of the salary we are paying. Just an observation.

:facepalm:

Not meant in a litteral sense you mong. Goes to show you can play decent fotball even with a limited squad.

You just keep going, don't you? What's limited about their squad? The fact is those players are technically vastly superior to most players in the Premiership. They have also been welded into a very strong unit by a superb tactician of the game, and their fitness was top notch.

You make it sound like you have only just found out tonight that playing good football without zillions of pounds investment is possible. Clubs and nations that focus more on youth development have been doing it for donkey's years. To achieve it you need a lot more than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go" who says the right thing in the dressing room on match day. Saying "football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue" is really not doing their performance credit. In fact, in your case I would argue the exact opposite of that statement is true.

Edit: you may want to give that article VI posted on the last page a read. You'll appreciate it's about a bit more than saying "you can do this lads!" in the pre match team talk.

One thing I will say about Ferguson - is it just me or is he generally more positive about foreign clubs and acceptant when they lose to them, compared to the usual bitterness shown in Premier League games he doesn't win for whatever reason?

I've felt its even crept in when lost in the PL this season... Made no excuses when we beat them or Blackburn...

Anyone listening to 606? Fucking hell, seriously. 'Fergie out', 'give man city the title' and all that. Utterly deplorable stuff.

Someone also said 'look at our team then, we had players like nicky butt' :kinnear:

No credit being given to Athletico, of course.

Can't get over how good Athletic were there like. Was like watching Barca but with a big fuck off centre forward.

Should never have sold Big Z.  Would have been an ideal plan b this season with things not going their way.

I've felt its even crept in when lost in the PL this season... Made no excuses when we beat them or Blackburn...

I think he acknowledges his side are fairly shite (compared to yesteryear teams) so he doesn't have the same hubris about losing.

When you lose to Blackburn and their ilk a few times, I think you are better equipped to lose to this excellent Bilbao side free of bitterness.

By the way, is that the actual laws of the game, that you are not allowed to play with just one boot? :lol:

Apparently so... Must be a relatively new thing that refs give free-kicks mind...

Can't get over how good Athletic were there like. Was like watching Barca but with a big fuck off centre forward.

Should never have sold Big Z.  Would have been an ideal plan b this season with things not going their way.

True. Could have done with somebody to bully the shit teams and nail the penalties. 

Was never gonna happen though, his form dropped off once the relationship with Guardiola became fractious post-January time.

Guest Brynn

Wonder how much these lads are on. Half the team is probably on 3 grand a week or something silly like that. Just goes to prove you dont need billionaires in order to play decent fotball. Just a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go.

I think there's a bit more to Bielsa than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go".. You like to oversimplify things, don't you? Play FM much?

Football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue.

No idea what he says to the lads, but they are playing 10 times the fotball at 1/10th of the salary we are paying. Just an observation.

:facepalm:

Not meant in a litteral sense you mong. Goes to show you can play decent fotball even with a limited squad.

You just keep going, don't you? What's limited about their squad? The fact is those players are technically vastly superior to most players in the Premiership. They have also been welded into a very strong unit by a superb tactician of the game, and their fitness was top notch.

You make it sound like you have only just found out tonight that playing good football without zillions of pounds investment is possible. Clubs and nations that focus more on youth development have been doing it for donkey's years. To achieve it you need a lot more than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go" who says the right thing in the dressing room on match day. Saying "football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue" is really not doing their performance credit. In fact, in your case I would argue the exact opposite of that statement is true.

Edit: you may want to give that article VI posted on the last page a read. You'll appreciate it's about a bit more than saying "you can do this lads!" in the pre match team talk.

Their squad is limited in the sense that there are loads of clubs bigger than them who could swoop in at any moment and take their players, both with and without backing from sovereign states  :knuppel2:

Again, my comment was not to be taken litterarily, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment in regards to those defending pardew and saying half our team is s*** and we are basically forced to play the way we do. The mindset of the Atletico coach is certainly more offensively orientated than our coach. Here we have a club with vastly inferior means and players who earn a fifth of danny simpson playing vastly superior fotball. So if we are to replace pardew with anyone, I wouldnt mind this lad. Heinki Vogel would be another good candidate.

Loads of good coaches around.

Athletic showed just why they're my team of choice on FIFA.  :snod:

Was brilliant to see Man Utd completely dominated and made to look inferior, I haven't seen that happen since about the beginning of January :aww:.