The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

When we lose, play ugly or get battered - it's often attributed to Pardew having to use "Championship standard players like Simpson and Williamson" yet here we have Swansea with the very definition of Championship player in Wayne Routledge (and some below his par, too) looking like Barcelona.

:anguish:

When we lose, play ugly or get battered - it's often attributed to Pardew having to use "Championship standard players like Simpson and Williamson" yet here we have Swansea with the very definition of Championship player in Wayne Routledge (and some below his par, too) looking like Barcelona.

You sure? I reckon he still looks very average.

Sigurdsson two. Incredible little player.

Should have signing him. Still should.

Aye, I was advocating that when he was at Reading. No chance now like, no contract issues.

Agreed, he wouldn't be in the first team if Dyer wasn't suspended.

Dempsey with a nice effort, been pretty invisible second half.

Cause none of then have got near the ball for abiout half an hour.

They've been near it, it's just been passed around them quite efficiently.  O0

That's kinda my point. He's still the same player (more or less). Still can't drive at players, beat them and cross. Just part of a team (when called upon) that is trained to pass, play good football and be committed. He is not the superstar of the team by any stretch - roles occupied by Sigurdsson, Sinclair and Allen, yet he can still play as part of a good footballing side without being spectacular.

Some (and I do stress only some) Pardew apologists have offered up excuses that we can't play good football while we still have Championship-standard players like Simpson/Williamson alongside our superstars (Ba, Krul, Tiote, Colo, HBA). That's my point. We have more/better superstar-calibre players, and yet they play the better football by an absolute country mile.