NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

interesting...havent seen him for a long time.

do people rate him?

obertan is history at this club (or should be, if anybody wants him)

Very incosistent player. Top quality when at his best but very frustrating player over a whole season. Should add that I have not seen him play for Juve, and my opinion is based on his time at HSV.

I watch the Dutch league semi-regularly and I agree on that assessment. He is occasionally brilliant but very inconsistent and not that productive across a whole season. He has barely featured for Juve too.

Also, his favored position is on the left, so wouldn't mean anything regarding Obertan.

Seen him a couple of years ago and he was the talk of the dutch league then, probably mentioned on here at some point also...

Rather have Cabral tbh, fits into our strategy for buying young...

It's been a smashing season but do not labor under the delusion anyone is untouchable with this lot.  Or that there's no way they would take the team two steps back by asset stripping and trousering the cash, especially given their tendency towards self inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet when it comes to all things football.

That thread from a few days back about keeping 4 players might seem like wishful thinking by the end of it all.

i know it's a bit late but...

:lol:

Guest taps01

The Chronicle linking us to Zaha from Palace again and also Davies from Bolton.  I know defence is the number one priority to improve but i do feel with Best potentially off and with the ACON again this year we need to add a striker to the ranks.  Personally id be happy with Zaha, as well as being able to play up top he could also play wide in the 433 formation.  On top of that he is a youngster who wouldnt demand first team football week in week out which he obviously isnt going to get with Cisse and Ba here.

Guest bimpy474

Manga would be yet another potentially away at ACoN

We only have one more ACoN to worry about now though dont we ? , it switches to our summer time after the next one i think...ish.

So the plan seems to be get Debuchy, Douglas and a back up for Santon at LB..... sounds good some depth at last.

keep our defence....except simpson. get debuchy, douglas. that should do it. could also move santon to rb and get new lb.

we have cover for rb and lb: jonas, perch, taylor and ferguson.

Abeid linked with a loan move to a few French clubs, and Milan on permanent deal.

A loan move might do Mehdi some good tbh. Needs some first team experience (though he might very well get that next season with us...).

So the plan seems to be get Debuchy, Douglas and a back up for Santon at LB..... sounds good some depth at last.

keep our defence....except simpson. get debuchy, douglas. that should do it. could also move santon to rb and get new lb.

we have cover for rb and lb: jonas, perch, taylor and ferguson.

For whats it worth i agree, but i would'nt be against a young LB coming in who is natural there either if Pardew deems it necessary.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle are chasing French defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa 22, from Montpellier.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120515/man-united-arsenal-and-newcastle-face-bidding-war-french-def

Highly doubt we will get involved in a bidding war with anyone and come out on top.....none the less.

Debuchy and Mbiwa/Douglas = :fwap:

Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle are chasing French defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa 22, from Montpellier.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120515/man-united-arsenal-and-newcastle-face-bidding-war-french-def

Highly doubt we will get involved in a bidding war with anyone and come out on top.....none the less.

Debuchy and Mbiwa/Douglas = :fwap:

out the 4 centre halves we've been linked with, he's my choice...think it'll be douglas though and not too miffed with him.