NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

`The absence of Manchester City's Adam Johnson also illustrates how he has fallen off the radar for club and country."`

bid plz)

I know he just won a league title, but he can't be happy. He could be playing every week at a top club. Would take him in a heartbeat.

Maybe Liverpool or Spurs would bid but I doubt Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea will. I think we'd have a more than decent chance of getting him, but it's all hypothetical because the wages will be huge.

Having said that, maybe the Mackems can get him to supply crosses for Llorente!

What's a MOTD player? The opposite of Downing?

A highlights player that is very inconsistent who is flashy and perform 1/10th of the time when starting but looks good as an impact player..... that's Johnson in a nutshell.

He would be good as an impact player but we cant afford to have someone like him on the bench.

We wont be able to keep De Jong and Ba.... firstly neither will accept a bench role and secondly we cant afford to have Ba or De Jong on the bench its one or the other.....

I personally would like to see Ba stay ( obviously) but if he were to leave id love to see De Jong as his replacement.

Guest sicko2ndbest

De Jong 7

Douglas 7

Debuchy 7

Cissokho 7

Out

Simpson 3

Best 3

Forster 2

Smith

Guthrie

Loven

Harper

I can only dream

I'd have Johnson, given a run of games he has the potential to be very very good. The mackems would hate us getting him aswell...despite the facts they ignore (him supporting us and representing us at youth level)

We would'nt buy Cissokho and Debuchy either its one or the other again because Santon has got his place in the team nailed on and we have other targets too.... and i prefer Debuchy by a landslide....

By that same template..... Debuchy, De Jong, Douglas and a young forward that can play wide and upfront ( Sorta like Lovenkrands but alot younger and a lot better).....

Any other signings will be young squad fillers like Amalfantino IMO or for the youth team.

A highlights player that is very inconsistent who is flashy and perform 1/10th of the time when starting but looks good as an impact player..... that's Johnson in a nutshell.

He would be good as an impact player but we cant afford to have someone like him on the bench.

Johnson is much more than a MOTD player IMO. Would create a lot of goals given a consistent run.

Johnson is much more than a MOTD player IMO. Would create a lot of goals given a consistent run.

City fans I know have all been very critical of Johnson.

Although they certainly have higher standards than we do, it does seem that he's a player that looks better in the highlights.

Wherever Johnson goes I feel he will be a success, he's just begging for a run of games.

No chance of us signing him though, I imagine his wages will be too high. Think he'd be an excellent addition though.

Wherever Johnson goes I feel he will be a success, he's just begging for a run of games.

No chance of us signing him though, I imagine his wages will be too high. Think he'd be an excellent addition though.

:thup:

In:

Debuchy

Douglas

Fellaini

Snodgrass - Like his direct/hard-working style/delivery. Good cover on both wings too. Only 24 years old too, so good resale value from a fiscal point of view - which seems to be a consideration for club policy.

Out:

Guthrie

Simpson

Shake it all about:

Since the outbound players seem to want a better contract than they're worth/first-team football. May as well cash in. They'd be reasonable squad additions for next year otherwise. :thup: Obviously, if Tiote leaves then, another CM too.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

In:

Debuchy

Douglas

Fellaini

Snodgrass - Like his direct/hard-working style/delivery. Good cover on both wings too. Only 24 years old too, so good resale value from a fiscal point of view - which seems to be a consideration for club policy.

Out:

Guthrie

Simpson

Shake it all about:

Since the outbound players seem to want a better contract than they're worth/first-team football. May as well cash in. They'd be reasonable squad additions for next year otherwise. :thup: Obviously, if Tiote leaves then, another CM too.

Problem with Snodgrass is his lack of pace, think that's why nobody's gone for him yet. We need our wide players to be quick to support any kind of fast-paced counter attacking style

Fellaini is about as unrealistic as Hazard- everton bought him for a good £15 million (?) and has had a cracking season so no chance of getting him on the cheap? Plus I doubt he'll see us as much of a step up at this stage. Great player though, even if his hair is inferior to Colo's.