NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

wait, so there is the vague possibility that nufcfans had a correct quote?!!

Basically every other media outlet have taken it verbatim. If it's made up then he's had a phenomenal success with it.

wait, so there is the vague possibility that nufcfans had a correct quote?!!

Isn't that one of the seven signs of the apocalypse?

yeah along with NUFC having a more or less crisis free season, if England win the Euros then we really will have to worry.  :scared:

Not sure what to make of this Anita business. Do we have confirmation as to what his position actually is? If he's being signed as a centre-mid who can fill in at full-back, then that's good news - a useful signing. We're going to need players like that for what is going to be a long season.

If he's signed as a versatile 'jack-of-all-trades' full-back, i'm not so sure. We need to get our incomings absolutely bang-on this summer, particularly in that position where we are fairly weak.

Obviously, i'm basing that all on the assumption that there's something to the quotes.

Not sure what to make of this Anita business. Do we have confirmation as to what his position actually is? If he's being signed as a centre-mid who can fill in at full-back, then that's good news - a useful signing. We're going to need players like that for what is going to be a long season.

If he's signed as a versatile 'jack-of-all-trades' full-back, i'm not so sure. We need to get our incomings absolutely bang-on this summer, particularly in that position where we are fairly weak.

Obviously, i'm basing that all on the assumption that there's something to the quotes.

He's a centre-mid that fill in fullback i can confirm that.

You seen much of Ajax, Mole?

Oddly enough Yorkie, it's not the position or ability. I trust the club that respect.

The validity of the source is the most worrying. ;)

I suppose i have no reason not to. Tbh i'll just be happy with another signing. We moved quickly on players last summer and it worked wonders; if we can do the same again it would be class.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Suppose there has to be something in this one now. Hopefully he's not replacing Tiote and is instead here to fill out the squad.

Yeah a fair bit..... he's a centre mid that can play left back if asked ( although he's a much better cm) he's not your Tiote like midfielder..... more intercepting and passing than physical ( although he's no slouch in that area)....

He's a good player and will probably replace Van Bommel or De Jong in the national team sooner or later, he's part of the next generation a long with Jordie Clasie and Strootman among others.

His role at Ajax is actually more akin to Jonas than Tiote so iam personally hoping we are signing him to alongside Tiote rather than replace him ( although i do think his potential ceiling is higher than Tiote's due to better positioning and passing range)

Just the fact he can play at full back is a bonus but i would'nt want to see him there permanently, i doubt he's a replacement for Simpson( moving Santon over) or anything like that.

If it is true he is being bought to go alongside Tiote and allow Cabaye more creative freedom or replace Tiote. ( we all hope that isnt the case of course)

NUFCfans.co.uk ‏@nufcfans

@lee_ryder Look forward to reading it, Lee. Hope all is well.

5 Jun Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

@nufcfans Cheers lads. Hope you're having a good summer.

Cant imagine what his source is.

Surprised Holland put an 18 year old left back in their squad instead of Anita. What was the reason?

Mainly because he can play LB but i would'nt want to see him there consistently he can do the job but its more of a stop gap.

While Willems is a genuine LB and considering Holland play 2 holding mids they need their fullbacks to get forward and Willems is a lot better going forward.

Surprised Holland put an 18 year old left back in their squad instead of Anita. What was the reason?

:mystery:

Emanuelson and Anita were two decent, if not natural, options for that left back spot once it became clear Pieters wouldn't be able to make the tournament. Luckily Willems was one of the best players for Holland yesterday, or the Dutch press would be on Van Marwijk's case by now for bringing such an inexperienced player along as first choice full back. Strangely, the much more experienced Van der Wiel on the right stuck out like a sore thumb yesterday and looked like he was the 18 year old nervous one..

Yeah a fair bit..... he's a centre mid that can play left back if asked ( although he's a much better cm) he's not your Tiote like midfielder..... more intercepting and passing than physical ( although he's no slouch in that area)....

He's a good player and will probably replace Van Bommel or De Jong in the national team sooner or later, he's part of the next generation a long with Jordie Clasie and Strootman among others.

His role at Ajax is actually more akin to Jonas than Tiote so iam personally hoping we are signing him to alongside Tiote rather than replace him ( although i do think his potential ceiling is higher than Tiote's due to better positioning and passing range)

Just the fact he can play at full back is a bonus but i would'nt want to see him there permanently, i doubt he's a replacement for Simpson( moving Santon over) or anything like that.

If it is true he is being bought to go alongside Tiote and allow Cabaye more creative freedom or replace Tiote. ( we all hope that isnt the case of course)

Sounds promising. Would be surprised if he's better in that 'third centre-mid' role than Jonas is however.

Sounds promising. Would be surprised if he's better in that 'third centre-mid' role than Jonas is however.

When i said that more meant as far as his role at Ajax is more about positioning, linking play etc etc which is what Jonas does while Tiote just bulldozes through everything....

I would be suprised if he's better at going forward in that role ( because he's a lone DM for Ajax and i would'nt know how he would perform in such a role but how he plays is similar) than Jonas but considering he's a DM he would probably provide better defensive cover.

The other positive to this is he's dutch so he wont be going nowhere during afcon :D

Also if Tiote stays and Anita comes in then we could theoritically play an AM in front of them if Cabaye was'nt fit or needed a break or something because of the defensive cover they would provide. ( thinking of Marveaux, Vuckic etc etc)

I'd love it if getting him meant moving Cabaye further forward, when he played for France last week he was pushed further forward like he was for Stoke and looked brilliant.

Yeah if Cabaye played further forward all season i could see him getting double figures in goals and assists quite easily tbh.