NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Romain was a free, Bigi was around a £1 million and Good was probably something similar, but I take your point.

Think Rhodes would be too rich for our blood but would make an excellent "young striker" to add into the mix.

Seen him a few times last season and actually looked really bright.

If Simpson isn't going we might have decided to go back for Debuchy at a later date, if we can't get the right deal.

If Simpson left then there would probably be more incentive for us to compromise on the fee for Debuchy. If he's here for another year then we'll not budge on the price most likely and try again in January. Frustrating but the way we count our pennies it's the most likely scenario.

We don't need Adam Johnson as much as the others, but if he is suddenly available, then i think we will certainly enquire about him. I don't think it would affect us signing a RB.

Genuinely don't see why we'd need or want him.

One of my friends is a city fan, and he says he's nowhere near what he's cracked up to be... "A typical Match Of The Day player"... i.e. does a couple of nice passes, or nice runs in a game, but lacks any real work ethic and hugely inconsistent.

We already have good options on the wings anyway.

We have two good options on the wings.

Romain was a free, Bigi was around a £1 million and Good was probably something similar, but I take your point.

Think Rhodes would be too rich for our blood but would make an excellent "young striker" to add into the mix.

Seen him a few times last season and actually looked really bright.

Think they are talking around 5m for Rhodes? Celtic are strongly interested so doubt he'd be anymore than that if they are. He looks class to me, his movement against Australia the other night was unreal(yes I know it was Australia but still). Suppose that would be a fair old outlay but let's not forget Liverpool kindly donated us 35m not so long ago aswell as the outgoings this summer -  Forster, Best, Smith, Guthrie, Lovenkrands etc

We don't need Adam Johnson as much as the others, but if he is suddenly available, then i think we will certainly enquire about him. I don't think it would affect us signing a RB.

One of my friends is a city fan, and he says he's nowhere near what he's cracked up to be... "A typical Match Of The Day player"... i.e. does a couple of nice passes, or nice runs in a game, but lacks any real work ethic and hugely inconsistent.

We have two good options on the wings.

Johnson and Ben Arfa on each wing would be wanktastic tbh, I know not what we need but would love to see it.

I want a striker for backup who can play wide, i don't mind it being a cheap prospect either as cisse and ba are fine first choices, Johnson would be too expensive for how good he is and couldn't be backup for our few strikers

That is exactly how i'd describe him and besides i'm happy with our wing options and we have much more pressing concerns than buying a winger.

Buying Johnson would really be an extremely poor mans version of Man Utd buying RVP, we would just be massaging our ego rather than strengthening actual weak spots.

Jol was also quick to express his disappointment at the recent conduct of Moussa Dembele's agent, denying that there had ever been interest from Real Madrid. Jan de Visser, Dembele's representative, had made comments to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf indicating that a bid had been made by the Spanish side.

The Fulham boss said: "I spoke to his agent and I said to him it's not the cleverest thing to do, to speak about players. There was no offer on the table (from Madrid) and hopefully the situation will stay as it is. Hopefully Dembele will stay here.

"There was one low bid from one Premier League club, very low. Moussa is quite happy here. He wants to play here and if something happens, we will have to wait.''

Bet that bid was us.

Guest Realist

Jol was also quick to express his disappointment at the recent conduct of Moussa Dembele's agent, denying that there had ever been interest from Real Madrid. Jan de Visser, Dembele's representative, had made comments to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf indicating that a bid had been made by the Spanish side.

The Fulham boss said: "I spoke to his agent and I said to him it's not the cleverest thing to do, to speak about players. There was no offer on the table (from Madrid) and hopefully the situation will stay as it is. Hopefully Dembele will stay here.

"There was one low bid from one Premier League club, very low. Moussa is quite happy here. He wants to play here and if something happens, we will have to wait.''

Bet that bid was us.

:lol: 

Ashley: "I would like to buy Dembele.  We offer eight."

Al-Fayed: "million?"

Ashley: "No, just eight."

Going back to the Adam Johnson debate.

I agree he has to progress and learn if he's to become a top player, but like he said himself, how on earth can he do this if he is forever sitting on the bench, invariably coming on for 10 minutes or so every match? He's rotting away at City.

City fans may call him 'a match of the day player', and they would be correct on calling him that in comparing minutes on the pitch and the length of the highlights. The only way he can smooth all the rough edges of his game (tracking back, keeping ball etc) is by starting frequently and learning. The fact he's seeking a move suggests he wants to do so. I still reckon he's a class talent, a very direct and skillful player who whilst playing is a constant worry for defenders. And as mentioned a decent eye for goal. Needs to find the right club.

Thats the same s*** from last year, utter crap that like.

By Brian McNally. Enough said.

Aye, he is a different class of wanker him.

his ridiculousness on rangers on twitter is beyond belief

I don't like them (or celtic) but my god he takes it to another level

Guest bimpy474

Thats the same s*** from last year, utter crap that like.

By Brian McNally. Enough said.

Aye, he is a different class of wanker him.

his ridiculousness on rangers on twitter is beyond belief

I don't like them (or celtic) but my god he takes it to another level

Aye, he was at it today, sarcastic about Ross County being Celtic's new rival.

Guest bimpy474

Has no one posted the picture of E Pieters at the match yet?

I did earlier in the Pieters thread funnily enough.