NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

That might change with the Ryan Taylor injury mind with Anita & Perch being one player closer to filling in at full-back.

Cabaye, Tiote, Bigi, Gosling and with Marv/Jonas filling in.

If that story's true i reckon he might still go. Hope not mind.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/09/01/alan-pardew-tells-newcastle-stars-it-s-time-to-focus-61634-31740839/2/

However, Pardew did admit that the club might “look again” at the situation in January.

Ashley’s transfer fund of £14million was not spent and it should be noted that the club had scouts in Amsterdam this week, where they checked out Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld.

I'm going to regret asking, but do we actually have the lowest net spend of the whole league in this window?

Think Swansea and Fulham have done some astute business.

Agreed. Fulham made bank on Dembele and Dempsey, but Berbatov was a shrewd buy and they've got some good young players.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/09/01/alan-pardew-tells-newcastle-stars-it-s-time-to-focus-61634-31740839/2/

However, Pardew did admit that the club might “look again” at the situation in January.

Ashley’s transfer fund of £14million was not spent and it should be noted that the club had scouts in Amsterdam this week, where they checked out Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld.

Solid player, would be a good purchase for the right price.

I am surprised that no one has picked up on comments from Pardew about players being lied to by agents, and now feeling disappointed about still being here, affecting their performances.

Been on holiday and missed all that James so do you have any more details

I am surprised that no one has picked up on comments from Pardew about players being lied to by agents, and now feeling disappointed about still being here, affecting their performances.

Huh, when was that said?

After the match yesterday he said that some of the poor performances might be down to agents, many of whom are not representing our players, trying to turn their heads by claiming they can get them on mega money elsewhere.

It seemed to be more of a pop at agents than our players.

Not good.

Agents are sickening.  :anguish:

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew has hit out at the agents who distracted his players during the transfer window with talk of big-money moves.

Pardew watched the Magpies scratch out a 1-1 Premier League draw with Aston Villa at St James’s Park yesterday in which several of his key men were far from at their best.

The likes have Cheik Tiote, who was missing through injury, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Demba Ba among others were linked with summer moves away from Tyneside, none of which materialised as the club held firm.

However, Pardew believes at least some of his side’s lacklustre early-season form can be attributed to what was going on behind the scenes before Friday’s transfer deadline.

He said: “I have some sympathy for players because if people or agents – and not necessarily their own agent, a different agent – call them and offer them double their money, it’s going to affect you.

“It’s not just us, it’s other clubs. There are some terrible people and agents in and around the game who do things like that, ring a player up and promise him the earth, say ‘I can do the deal’, and they are not even their agent. It goes on.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/pardew-hits-out-at-agents-1-4890649

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew has hit out at the agents who distracted his players during the transfer window with talk of big-money moves.

Pardew watched the Magpies scratch out a 1-1 Premier League draw with Aston Villa at St James’s Park yesterday in which several of his key men were far from at their best.

The likes have Cheik Tiote, who was missing through injury, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Demba Ba among others were linked with summer moves away from Tyneside, none of which materialised as the club held firm.

However, Pardew believes at least some of his side’s lacklustre early-season form can be attributed to what was going on behind the scenes before Friday’s transfer deadline.

He said: “I have some sympathy for players because if people or agents – and not necessarily their own agent, a different agent – call them and offer them double their money, it’s going to affect you.

“It’s not just us, it’s other clubs. There are some terrible people and agents in and around the game who do things like that, ring a player up and promise him the earth, say ‘I can do the deal’, and they are not even their agent. It goes on.”

So these agents just randomly ring a player up and say they can get them a bigger deal elsewhere..but if a rival football club does this its classed as "tapping up" ? 

Is there no guild lines or rules against this, just seems mental...these agents are answerable to no one.  :undecided:

Guest neesy111

Honestly something needs to be done about these agents, got to wonder how much money is disappearing from the game to these people overall.

So these agents just randomly ring a player up and say they can get them a bigger deal elsewhere..but if a rival football club does this its classed as "tapping up" ? 

Is there no guild lines or rules against this, just seems mental...these agents are answerable to no one.  :undecided:

That's what it sounds like however it's not that surprising. About a week after we signed Tiote an African bloke turned up at Jesmond Dene House where he'd been staying, claimed he was his agent and demanded money from the staff :lol:

Not good that. Hope we can get over it sooner rather than later. At least the window is shut now.

It must happen at every club. I don't think Pardew should be using that to give a weak explanation for lack lustre performances. Get the basic shape and composition of the side working first and players will be able to show their best attributes.