NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest neesy111

Why would we spend money on Douglas when he's out of contract in the summer?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0zRTfj1L4zE_Wj-MehMpgqUddo0Gy4tFYAtdf7ajWCcKLYm3g8cS3hVfe

A slightly lesser bargaining position from himself/wages and less competition as other clubs wait for the summer, I'm just trying to be optimistic here.

Guest neesy111

A slightly lesser bargaining position from himself/wages and less competition as other clubs wait for the summer, I'm just trying to be optimistic here.

Tbf we can talk to him from the 1st about signing here on a free if his contract is up (some have said he might have an extension clause) so we can gauge his feeling to whether he'd want to join any case.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-and-newcastle-chase-france-defender-1510067

Liverpool and Newcastle are competing for France Under-21 defender Nicolas Isimat Mirin.

The Paris-born defender has helped unfancied Valenciennes to sixth in Ligue 1.

A product of France’s Clairefontaine academy, £3m Isimat Mirin (above) is under contract until 2014.

His agent Mikkel Beck said: “Nicolas is ambitious. He wants to join a really big club and win trophies.”

So much for that then.

Win trophies.... :) :) :) Run away Nicolas, run away!

Tbf we can talk to him from the 1st about signing here on a free if his contract is up (some have said he might have an extension clause) so we can gauge his feeling to whether he'd want to join any case.

I still think, probably naively, that paying fee for him will slightly lessen his bargaining position.

Obviously that's no reason for him to just wait it out himself but I would imagine paying a couple of million for someone gives them a weaker hand than them going for free and saying 'well I'm an £xm defender, show me the money!'.

from what I've seen of him he's alright but nowt more. Hell he's behind James Collins (see numerous brummie rants on him for reference) in the West Ham side and isnt getting much playing time and even then some of its been in midfield