NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

A considerably different version of the quote.

'It is never over til it’s over and club like this we are always likely to do business. If we lost a player we might have a look and see.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269537/Newcastle-fine-French-players-learning-English.html#ixzz2JHJknXak

January has seen a Gallic invasion on Tyneside, with the club signing five players from France — Mathieu Debuchy, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Yoan Gouffran and Massadio Haidara.

Probably counted MYM as two. :lol:

Honestly people who want to keep Jonas around deserve to watch a relegation battle. Same people who worship Shola and want him manager no doubt.  :jesuswept:

:thup:

Utterly appalling to watch the guy try to play football. Makes me cringe.

Pards looks like he has his smile back watching the presser regarding Zaha. :lol:

Seems like we we've been talking to Palace over the last year but once ManU came in we didn't stand a chance. Say's its a shame as Wilfried would have got more games with us, though that Alex might disagree...

Comments about Jonas are cringe worthy. He's been shite for 6 months, at the same time everyone else has been shit. He's not ready for the glue factory yet I'm afraid, and even if he was, he's a committed member of the squad and getting rid of him would be needless, especially in a time where Colo has been massively unsettled. It would be insane to get rid of his countryman and give him even less reasons to stick around.

Comments about Jonas are cringe worthy. He's been s**** for 6 months, at the same time everyone else has been s***. He's not ready for the glue factory yet I'm afraid, and even if he was, he's a committed member of the squad and getting rid of him would be needless, especially in a time where Colo has been massively unsettled. It would be insane to get rid of his countryman and give him even less reasons to stick around.

:thup: especially the bit in bold. He's never been amongst our better players in terms of creativity and end product, yet his work rate and willingness to sacrifice himself have been invaluable for us in the not so distant past. To me it seems since we have been doing less good collectively as a squad of players people look at the people least likely to create some magic as the ones that are dispensable. A good team needs work horses just as much as it needs show ponies to stay in the glue factory theme. I would be looking to replace him, because I agree we can do better long term, but not let him go now without a replacement coming in.

As soon as anyone has a period of bad form, thats it they are gone!  :lol:

They whole team has been utter gash all season, unfair to pick him out really.

Last season he put in some cracking shifts for the team, yes i know he isn't that productive in the attacking sense but he did a lot of work for us, freeing up other players and allowin gthem to attack.

I think he will improve this second half with better players in the side.

As soon as anyone has a period of bad form, thats it they are gone!  :lol:

They whole team has been utter gash all season, unfair to pick him out really.

Last season he put in some cracking shifts for the team, yes i know he isn't that productive in the attacking sense but he did a lot of work for us, freeing up other players and allowin gthem to attack.

I think he will improve this second half with better players in the side.

I think its more of a case of bad form with Jonas, i don't think he's anything more than a back up these days and genuinely not the player he was.

With that said i wouldn't get rid of anyone ( Simpson aside due to his contract situation) until the summer.

Even for Simpson, I'll be tempted to keep him if we don't get a significant offer, so we can have him as an option for the Europa League. We can only register Debuchy or MYM and I suspect MYM gets the nod due to his versatility and main position. Whether we go beyond the next round is another question though.

William Vainquer is the name keeps coming now GFN reporting we are after him strongly.

RMC have just reported it after us! The player would be available for about €2.5m.

At the age of 24, still yet to reach the heights that many have predicted for him. No formal offer from NUFC yet.