NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Re: Zouma, it might not be a bad idea going for him. He's young, has potential and offers steel to our defence. Taylor is injury-prone. Colo might still go homesick at some stage. We need cover at RB now that Simpson has left and don't have enough versatile defenders in our squad.

Debuchy, Colo, Taylor, Zouma, MYM (covers at RB), Santon (covers at RB), Haidara.

I'll be happy with that for our defence.

The only concern is that it takes away from the budget we need for other key areas.

Pilkington seems a good player to me, we've bought worse than him in the past than him anyway. Has a curious habit of managing to get injured for internationals when Trap wants to call him up for Ireland.

Re: Zouma, it might not be a bad idea going for him. He's young, has potential and offers steel to our defence. Taylor is injury-prone. Colo might still go homesick at some stage. We need cover at RB now that Simpson has left and don't have enough versatile defenders in our squad.

Debuchy, Colo, Taylor, Zouma, MYM (covers at RB), Santon (covers at RB), Haidara.

I'll be happy with that for our defence.

The only concern is that it takes away from the budget we need for other key areas.

If we do get him which i find highly unlikely.... i think the idea is keep Coloccini for one more year get the likes of MYM and Zouma to learn off him and then the both of them can be our CBs as they are both very different.

Obviously Taylor is there as 3rd choice if they both develop the way people think they should.

But yeah i would be shocked if we signed him.

Guest chopey

Terry or Vidic would add steel to our defence, I doubt an 18 year old who has never been anywhere near the premier league could do the same no matter how good he may turn out

I have to say it's all relative. Colo and MYM aren't the most physical of defenders, relying instead on a good reading of the game.  Saylor while being the most hardened of the 3 has injury concerns. Zouma may not be Terry or Vidic levels but his physical game still brings much needed steel to our defence. Even Bassong in his first year had his moments.

Of course it's relative. You can have someone more physical than our current options and that's what we are lacking atm. More steel if you would.

I also doubt Zouma would be considered 'aluminium' nor Terry and Vidic considered 'diamonds' like. Way to miss the point.

Guest chopey

Can I come around your house and watch Newcastle then rather than pay £600 for my season ticket.

And my point about Zouma is that unless you live in France and watch him every week how can you honestly know anything about him rather than he's good when you control him with a xbox controler

Can I come around your house and watch Newcastle then rather than pay £600 for my season ticket.

And my point about Zouma is that unless you live in France and watch him every week how can you honestly know anything about him rather than he's good when you control him with a xbox controler

Na, I have moved to AC milan, I got bored of winning the champions league with bale and hazard on the wings :)

I can honestly say I know nothing about him, other than I signed him at 17 on FIFA.

I too know absolutely nothing about him, although saying you have to live in France to have an opinion on him is pretty funny, and gay.

Considering how much french football is on tv / streams now I agree with that, some people have probably watched him

Guest chopey

Who can honestly say they watch that much French football that he stood out in a St Etienne team that was average last year.

Who can honestly say they watch that much French football that he stood out in a St Etienne team that was average last year.

They weren't average at all last season.

Guest Roger Kint

I would have loved for us to be average like St. Etienne and finish 5th last season.

They were in with a CL shout until the last week or two werent they? :lol:

Guest chopey

Yes average , where would the 5th place team in the French League finish in England, Germany or Spain.

And my point is that I am just amazed at the knowledge of some people on here have on French football