NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He does kind of have a point in fairness to him. There's far too many self proclaimed European football experts on here.

Football hipsters.

True hipsters watch South American football :cool:

Look at me. I watch SA football.

Pathetic.

Guest Roger Kint

Not convinced he is at all reliable but Julian Larounge(?) is on the radio saying:

Cabaye will leave for about €20m to Monaco.

Kemen is a defensive midfielder? I thought he was a striker :undecided:

There is interest in Zouma/PEA, presumably using the money from Cabaye.

Probably just the French version of Lee Ryder like  :lol:

Just keeping up with La Liga and the Premier league barely leaves me time to watch anything else than a few games here and there from other leagues, I just can't fathom how some people over here manage it :lol:

Yopu have good weather? - we are sad lonely bastards that take any opportunity to watch football over some shitty soap that our wives have on the tv

Not convinced he is at all reliable but Julian Larounge(?) is on the radio saying:

Julien Laurens. Was spot on during January regarding us.

Guest Roger Kint

Winger/2nd striker according to his thread. Certainly doesnt sound like a DM, hope we bought the right one as the bloke reckons he is going to be great  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Julien Laurens. Was spot on during January regarding us.

Thats him :thup:

Nah he generally knows his stuff.

He does kind of have a point in fairness to him. There's far too many self proclaimed European football experts on here.

:thup:

Although it irks more when it develops into a warped sense of self importance, it's almost as if people are trying to fill the void left when Ronaldo started behaving like a decent human being.

Be very disappointed if we only got €20m for him. Especially from the money bags Monaco or PSG

I think that's decent money tbh, only a moneybags club would pay that much. Not that I want to sell Cabaye, but he's more suited to continental football IMO, I doubt we'll become the sort of team to make best use of him in the next season or two, so if we are going to sell we might as well cash in to the max.

It depends what our plan for next season is IMO. If we're going 4-3-3 then we should absolutely find a place for Cabaye in the centre.

The 4-3-3's he figured in last season saw him playing in front of the defenders. If that's where he's going to play then you could play Anita or Tiote in those areas.

It depends what our plan for next season is IMO. If we're going 4-3-3 then we should absolutely find a place for Cabaye in the centre.

The 4-3-3's he figured in last season saw him playing in front of the defenders. If that's where he's going to play then you could play Anita or Tiote in those areas.

Which is why it wouldn't be the end of the world if Cabaye was sold.

Anita/Tiote

Sissoko                            Marveaux

^ Still a very tasty midfield.

Cabaye was wasted in our midfield for the most part of last season. Played far too far back. Was starting to get a bit nasty with the tackle, too.

Mind you, I'd much prefer to see him stay, and be used more efficiently.

I must admit when rumour of that big bid broke, the first thing I thought is that we must be sellign someone for big money, and if anyone it would most likely be Cabaye.

There was talk in that article of moving to 4-3-3 that Ben Arfa would be given a free role next season as a number 10, so maybe we'll see Tiote and Sissoko behind him.

Which is why it wouldn't be the end of the world if Cabaye was sold.

Anita/Tiote :frantic:

Sissoko                            Marveaux

^ Still a very tasty midfield.

Cabaye was wasted in our midfield for the most part of last season. Played far too far back. Was starting to get a bit nasty with the tackle, too.

Mind you, I'd much prefer to see him stay, and be used more efficiently.

Dear god I hope Tiote aint first choice. Limited for me this guy. Not sure we need a "DM" anyway, not in the traditional sense.

I personally don't see Anita as a DM either myself. If he was used as distributor of the ball from a deep position then I can see that.

Wouldnt want Sissoko wasted out  too wide or too far forward. Want to see him driving forward as box to box type, probs centrally imo

If Marveaux can stay fit he could be pivotal, provide the creative link to Sissy and HBA....and Bent :p

Pardew loves Tiote so I think he'll definitely still be first choice.

Now if it comes to Tiote partnering Cabaye or Sissoko, Sissoko might be better, as Sissoko would be the one given license to go forward I would imagine. Meanwhile when Tiote has partnered Cabaye, Pardew has had Tiote as a box to box midfielder, which is awful.

If Tiote is going to play he has to be given a very simple role.