NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Dropout that is why we need a fast CB back there.....

Neither Taylor or Colo are very good at recovering once beaten.

Its a big issue and has been for a while.

Agreed. But we also need a more physical CB to prevent us getting beaten in the first place. Any defence with someone as slow as Colo in the centre is going to have trouble playing a high lline.

Personally, I don't see Taylor as a particularly strong or dominant aerial defender.

Wouldn't have him over Yanga-Mbeezy just because he's taller.

I would have more faith in Yanga-Mbiwa eventually adjusting and finding a way to deal with the more physical forwards. Even if it means dropping off, and dealing with the flick ons or whatever.

Personally, I don't see Taylor as a particularly strong or dominant aerial defender.

I would have more faith in Yanga-Mbiwa eventually adjusting and finding away to deal with the more physical forwards. Even if it means dropping off, and dealing with the flick ons or whatever.

:thup:

I would have more faith in Yanga-Mbiwa eventually adjusting and finding a way to deal with the more physical forwards. Even if it means dropping off, and dealing with the flick ons or whatever.

MYM may be smaller but he is a lot more athletic than Taylor as well as quicker. I have faith long term he will be much better. Taylor is a decent defender, he plays up to much at times though and isn't a colo or MYM type in nicking the ball away from attackers.

Taylor is physical enough when he can get tight to a player, but more often than not he's nowhere near the opponent and is either looking over his shoulder and pointing to someone else to mark players or back pedalling furiously towards the goal line for one of his spectacular clearances/handballs on the line. In the game Mbiwa got outmuscled by Danny Graham you would have expected Talor to have taken care of the big man if he was such a powerhouse defender.

We should be pulling out all the stops for Sinclair. Didn't realize he was back in full training. Last I heard he was out until at least the start of the season. Will be lots of competition for him but he would be a fantastic addition here.

Colo already does that.

We should be pulling out all the stops for Sinclair. Didn't realize he was back in full training. Last I heard he was out until at least the start of the season. Will be lots of competition for him but he would be a fantastic addition here.

I would definitely want us to be in for him, aye. Assuming we don't have a couple of wide men already 'on the radar' or owt.

I don't see the excitement of Scott Sinclair, always looked an average footballer to me.

I think people are generally just shiteing themselves that Jonas / Obertan could fill that slot next year.

I don't see the excitement of Scott Sinclair, always looked an average footballer to me.

I think people are generally just shiteing themselves that Jonas / Obertan could fill that slot next year.

It's a bit more than that TBF, he's a young and dynamic player who provides a bit of what we need. He's not world class but he'd be a good addition.

Seems like a good fit for us - can play either wing, quick, skillful, good age. Was really impressed with him at Swansea, but I didn't really follow his career before that.

He wants first team football, and he isn't going to get that at Man City.

Aye, the ones who did loads of extra internationals have an extra week off.

Hopefully it won't be another farcical situation where the likes of Cabaye and Cisse are barely fit enough to feature in any pre-season games.

Is the whole squad back in training now or are some still off?

Think Colo is off until the 18th - was given an extra week or something.

:thup: Cabaye and the other internationals are due back on Monday.

It's a bit more than that TBF, he's a young and dynamic player who provides a bit of what we need. He's not world class but he'd be a good addition.

:thup: Please just make it happen, would give me a slight bit of optimism going into the season.