NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Didn't JFK say he'd seen a Norwegian keeper he liked?

Aye, i think that was the U21 keeper Ørjan Nyland. He's a great prospect.

Jarstein is useless. Wouldn't want him here even if Viking payed us money to take him.

Gouffran comes off the bench for me. Within the current setup he's probably a starter but if/when we add another forward - either a Remy type, Bent or both - he drops to the bench.

And yes, getting the best out of Cisse is still a high priority.

agree. good backup as he can play a number of roles depending on the situation. he will accept a role like that and still get a lot of gametime.

Rune Jarstein is probably at the same level as Elliott or a little bit better.

He`s had a lot of criticism in the past, but he`s improved and done alright for the national team in the last couple of years.

Guest Alexinho

Rune Jarstein is probably at the same level as Elliott or a little bit better.

He`s had a lot of criticism in the past, but he`s improved and done alright for the national team in the last couple of years.

Good at his best, but not reliable at all... NOT the man we need, he's a tick(s)ing bomb...

I am Norwegian and I hate the prick. I actually believe Elliot is better. Jarstein has not been good in the Norwegian league and is prone to moments of mental instability every damn game. Hope it's bullshit.

Elliot's really not that bad. As a second-choice keeper, he works. Came up big for us on a few occasions.

I'm not opposed to bringing-in a young keeper for grooming, assuming Krul might be off to greener pastures in the future. But we don't need to bring the walls down looking for a staunch back-up.

I don't see why Elliot gets so much negativity. He made some very good saves to the end of last season, and his distribution was better than that of Krul's. Fair enough, he made a couple of bad decisions on crosses, etc but that was prob down to nerves, lack of playing time, and the task in hand. The immensely stupid handball gaff at QPR aside. Better than most teams back ups.

I don't see why Elliot gets so much negativity. He made some very good saves to the end of last season, and his distribution was better than that of Krul's. Fair enough, he made a couple of bad decisions on crosses, etc but that was prob down to nerves, lack of playing time, and the task in hand. The immensely stupid handball gaff at QPR aside. Better than most teams back ups.

There's no way I can agree with this. There's a reason to why we conceded so much with Elliot in goal.

Generally I think Norwegians tend to talk down players from Norway way too much, but when it comes to Jarstein it's way too little. Would not be an improvement on Elliot as back-up at all. Might be around the same level.

I think the vast majority would be fine with Elliot as an understudy if there didn't exist an assumption that our first-team players will get injured. He's reasonable back-up. For a player that should feature 3/4/5 times a season, he's decent value. Cost next to nothing, probably on a low wage, isn't gonna kick up a fuss for being second fiddle.

I would be over the moon with Bent and Remy at the moment.

If Dummett or Tavernier are ready for first team action that would be fantastic too.

We could still do with another winger and being greedy someone to replace Williamson.