NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Debuchy was awful last season, worst on the new lot by some distance but I think he'll be very different next season should he stay (think he will want to go as soon as Cabaye moves)

Honestly don't think he will. But fair enough. He's made a point to come out and say otherwise whilst being on holiday and such which he could have ignored.

Debuchy was awful last season, worst on the new lot by some distance but I think he'll be very different next season should he stay (think he will want to go as soon as Cabaye moves)

Majority where saying he was the best of the new lot before the Liverpool game, funny how one game changes perceptions :lol:

Especially when he wasn't even close to being the worst of the lot that day.

Honestly don't think he will. But fair enough. He's made a point to come out and say otherwise whilst being on holiday and such which he could have ignored.

He only joined us due to Cabaye, 100% certain of this. If he goes he won't want to be here anywhere near as much with him, top that with a shit manager, no signings and general depression around the place, why on earth would he want to stay?

I'm not fussed either way, I just hope if he does want out its quick and we can move on and get someone else in.

Btw I'd rather both stay.

Majority where saying he was the best of the new lot before the Liverpool game, funny how one game changes perceptions :lol:

Lots of idiots tbf, I didnt even watch the Liverpool game, my opinion was based on everything before that and it was average at best and fucking hopeless at his worst. He made Simpson look a player when he came back in to the team.

Don't get the Debuchy hate at all like. I thought he looked good on the ball, quick, aggressive and good in the air. Always looking to get forward as well. He got caught defensively a bit and had a melt down at one point, but ability wise I think he's fine.

The January signings came in to a different league at a difficult time. Give them at least a full season to show their worth, it's too early to jump into conclusions atm.

Lots of idiots tbf, I didnt even watch the Liverpool game, my opinion was based on everything before that and it was average at best and f***ing hopeless at his worst. He made Simpson look a player when he came back in to the team.

Exactly this. I was fortunate enough to miss the L'pool massacre. But Debuchy was alright/shit when I saw him. Simpson looked stronger and knew how to defend in this division.

I am certain Debuchy will be better this season than Simpson ever was but honestly, Simpson played better than him for those 5 months whenever he was back in the side.

Debuchy is too slow.

He is, got raped off Rose, was awful.

Yet absolutely destroyed Luke Shaw against Southampton.

A 17 year old  :lol:

Are 17 year olds not allowed to be quick?

Debuchy is too slow.

He is, got raped off Rose, was awful.

Yet absolutely destroyed Luke Shaw against Southampton.

A 17 year old  :lol:

A 17-year-old that had been excellent for much of the season.

I think Debuchy probably performed the best out of our january buys.

I think Gouffran but I don't think Debuchy was 'awful' before that Liverpool game

Gouffran made the most important contribution (goal against QPR) but after a bright start seemed to be fairly average in terms of his attacking qualities to me, in spite of his good workrate. Barring a few silly mistakes, Debuchy was pretty consistently one of our better performers in most games imo - solid defensively (and suprisingly good aerially), good going forward,decent positional sense and comfortable in possession.

He was bang average.

My main concern is that is he isn't the quickest and given that he likes to get forward it results in him being out of position quite a lot. This is a problem when our central midfielders are too thick/lazy to fill and cover for him.

He's also petulant but that's not going to change.