NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Gomis & Remy would be fantastic.

Cisse gone if true? We surely couldn't have 3 good strikers.

Remy would presumably play in a wide forward role.  So:

Ben Arfa      Cisse      Remy

(Gouffran)  (Gomis)  (Obertan)

Really need to sell Obertan and pick up another attacking option though.

Rather sell Jonas. At least Obertan can sometimes be useful off the bench with his pace.

I know you don't like Jonas but that's going too far. He does a lot of good defensive work, he's a reasonable stand-in left back, he holds on to the ball and gets us some free kicks, and he puts his heart into the cause.

Obertan has been known to knock the ball past a second-rate full back in the Europa League and beat him for pace, but that's about all.

If we want to defend from the front we'd be better off retaining players who pose a bit of a threat in the final third. Obertan made goals against Man U and Arsenal last season with his pace. Jonas hasn't made a goal in over 18 months.

Rather sell Jonas. At least Obertan can sometimes be useful off the bench with his pace.

I know you don't like Jonas but that's going too far. He does a lot of good defensive work, he's a reasonable stand-in left back, he holds on to the ball and gets us some free kicks, and he puts his heart into the cause.

Obertan has been known to knock the ball past a second-rate full back in the Europa League and beat him for pace, but that's about all.

Would sell both easily, Jonas is dreadful man, yes he can hold ball up but he can't pass, cross or dribble. What's the point

Guest bimpy474

If we want to defend from the front we'd be better off retaining players who pose a bit of a threat in the final third. Obertan made goals against Man U and Arsenal last season with his pace. Jonas hasn't made a goal in over 18 months.

Ron please !!

Guest bimpy474

Discussing which turd smells the worst, both are dreadful players and both should be jettisoned asap.

Pardew doesn't defend from the front. If anything, even if he didn't start Jonas he would probably use him on the bench to shore things up if we were protecting a lead. I could understand that tbh, at least it's better than starting him.

Pardew doesn't defend from the front. If anything, even if he didn't start Jonas he would probably use him on the bench to shore things up if we were protecting a lead. I could understand that tbh, at least it's better than starting him.

We don't attack from there either.

So our striking shortlist appears to be Remy, Gomis and Bent with us maybe trying for two of those if Cisse goes. Decent enough.

I personally think it'd be all three or similar if we lose Cisse.  Maybe i'm an optimist though.

Two of those if Cisse stays and if he leaves we've got Cardozo lined up, believe :)

So our striking shortlist appears to be Remy, Gomis and Bent with us maybe trying for two of those if Cisse goes. Decent enough.

I personally think it'd be all three or similar if we lose Cisse.  Maybe i'm an optimist though.

Nah, I think Dave is right, it will probably two of those three. I haven't seen Gomis, but at least they are all quality targets. I don't want to lose Cisse but Bent or Remy will get goals.

The Journal reckons AV insist on £8 mill and we will not match the price for Bent.

Sorry if this is a Giggs.

Given the choice I'd much rather just keep Cisse (I think it's one of the two) but that depends on the Wonga dispute. We really need that sorting out one way or another ASAP. We absolutely can't be going into the season potentially starting Shola because the Cisse issue is still unresolved and we're playing our usual style of hardball on the transfer fees we'll pay.

Edit: deleted? ???

Why did he delete that? :lol:

Villa are desperate to sell and there's no turning back after sending him to train with the reserves/youth team. There is seemingly a lack of interest for him elsewhere. We'll just wait it out.

Bonus of saving on those weeks of wages if we delay signing him too.