NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

It is absolutely mental we have recruited JFK and now seemingly Mick fucking Harford only. The season starts in less than a month and a team that struggled to stay up is the only one in the league without a first team signing. If Ashley is not going to invest I think it is going to be difficult to stay up.

£8m a stupid price for a proven PL goalscorer? There are decent Championship players that go for £8m now.

8m for a 29 year old one trick pony. 6 at the absolute most is acceptable. If we get Bent we need others to make up for his lack of other ability. He ain't worth 8m. End of. No amount of puffed our chest Ronaldo posturing makes it any different.

I don't think he's quite worth it. But it's not a stupid price.

He's hardly played any football, man. 8m is a silly price for him now. If he'd been in the team last year, playing a few games, getting some goals, then fair enough, you'd have a good argument. But not now. It's no one else's fault Villa paid far too much for him.

Guest bimpy474

I don't know why we are being linked with so many foreign footballers when the recruiting hierarchy is rolling back the years to 1990 and long ball mania.

Rather ironic that the long ball started before Kinnear was appointed the DOF. Got to love Pards eh :(

I don't know why we are being linked with so many foreign footballers when the recruiting hierarchy is rolling back the years to 1990 and long ball mania.

Rather ironic that the long ball started before Kinnear was appointed the DOF. Got to love Pards eh :(

Pards wasn't getting the finer nuances of hoofball right so now he's got seasoned experts JFK and Harford to iron out the flaws.

Guest bimpy474

Pards wasn't getting the finer nuances of hoofball right so now he's got seasoned experts JFK and Harford to iron out the flaws.

God, when you put it like that..... :anguish:

£8m a stupid price for a proven PL goalscorer? There are decent Championship players that go for £8m now.

8m for a 29 year old one trick pony. 6 at the absolute most is acceptable. If we get Bent we need others to make up for his lack of other ability. He ain't worth 8m. End of. No amount of puffed our chest Ronaldo posturing makes it any different.

I don't think he's quite worth it. But it's not a stupid price.

He's hardly played any football, man. 8m is a silly price for him now. If he'd been in the team last year, playing a few games, getting some goals, then fair enough, you'd have a good argument. But not now. It's no one else's fault Villa paid far too much for him.

He's a proven goalscorer in this league at a time when there aren't too many of them kicking about.

I feel like they just need to get someone signed just to put minds at rest that they can actually sign players and they're not a bunch of blithering idiots. Kemen doesn't count as it was probably set up a long time ago.

Wouldn't be so bothered about Cisse going if Cardozo or Gameiro replaced him.

If Cisse goes then we need 2 strikers plus a winger to compensate.

Like for example i have heard we are after Gomis and Remy, i'd be ok with Cisse going if those two came in plus a winger.

If Cisse stays i'd be ok with just one striker and a winger.

One striker isn't going to cut it if Cisse leaves, 2 minimum.

I absolutely love Cisse but perhaps a combination of Gomis & Remy would be an upgrade? Remy wide left, Gomis up top and HBA wide right?

We add 2 goalscorers to our starting 11 with both probably better at the all-around and link-up play and Remy having the lightning pace and Gomis having the pure strength. They may not be better finishers than Cisse, but combined they provide what we're missing?

Guest bimpy474

I absolutely love Cisse but perhaps a combination of Gomis & Remy would be an upgrade? Remy wide left, Gomis up top and HBA wide right?

Lovely front 3, dreamy stuff. Why do i feel like it's a just a dream though :(

Guest bimpy474

Remy doesn't play on the left often.

All three of them can just rotate, swap and roam. Hahaha as if Pardew will allow that :lol:

Remy doesn't play on the left often.

All three of them can just rotate, swap and roam. Hahaha as if Pardew will allow that :lol:

As long as which ever one is in the centre challenges for the long ball and which ever two are out wide are no further forward than the half way line I'm sure he won't mind.

Guest chopey

Tour guide today reckons 3 strikers in this week, one being Bent, and one out, he didn't mean Shola!

have you been to Edinburgh zoo ?