NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

15million won't be enough for us to let him go.

I wouldn't think so either.

In terms of sales we're in quite a good position now, after such a shite season. The bids that would force us to sell key players are extremely unlikely to be coming in.

Guest reefatoon

In terms of sales we're in quite a good position now, after such a s**** season. The bids that would force us to sell key players are extremely unlikely to be coming in.

Oh dear Ian, that sounds just like what Pardew said last week.  He was glad some players had a s*** season as it meant them not leaving.

We are always in a good position when the player has 2 or more years left because the owner is a greedy bastard.

Unfortunately while its a positive that we have many key stars on long contracts with an owner who refuses to sell easily.

It means nothing when we are as inept as we are when it comes to recruitment sadly.

It would like. Any club willing to put that amount of money up will turn his head and we'll have little choice.

Don't know TBH, I wouldn't let anyone speak to him for that amount. Anyway, I can't see massive clubs coming in for him at the moment, they must have loads of better options.

In terms of sales we're in quite a good position now, after such a s**** season. The bids that would force us to sell key players are extremely unlikely to be coming in.

Oh dear Ian, that sounds just like what Pardew said last week.  He was glad some players had a s*** season as it meant them not leaving.

He wasn't glad at all, he was just taking a positive from it.

Guest Roger Kint

Player power wins 9 times out of 10...the 10th being Benteke. Fair play to Villa for the way they dealt with that, fairly sure our lot would be the polar opposite.

Helps when nobody bids and you more than double his wages as well mind. Our lot would be touting him round everywhere instead of Lamberts 'pay up or fuck off' line

Player power wins 9 times out of 10...the 10th being Benteke. Fair play to Villa for the way they dealt with that, fairly sure our lot would be the polar opposite.

It does but there is nothing to suggest that Ashley would sell him for cheap its just classic doom mongering as there are zero examples of us letting key players go for cheap unless their contract was up or had a clause.

If he wants to go and i wouldn't blame him for doing so but he won't go for cheap.

I personally don't think we will sign anyone unless Cabaye is sold, particularly after those Ashley quotes regarding the "I've only got 2bn left". If cabaye goes we will use the money.

Honestly? Don't see why that would be the plan. They know we're desperate for a forward, we've already bid for Kone at least.

I know we can be tight, but I wouldn't expect a summer with zero signings.

It would like. Any club willing to put that amount of money up will turn his head and we'll have little choice.

Even if his head wasn't turned he'd be pushed out the door in a shot if someone put down £15m. Pards has already said we are overloaded in midfield.

Even if his head wasn't turned he'd be pushed out the door in a shot if someone put down £15m. Pards has already said we are overloaded in midfield.

I think he was thinking more of selling Gosling than Cabaye like.

I think he was thinking more of selling Gosling than Cabaye like.

Yep, also utter bollocks that we'd be rushing to accept the first offer, whether his head is turned or not.

How can anyone count Harper or Gosling when talking about players out?, you might as well count Kemen as an in in that case.. even Simpson is difficult to count.  Perch is the only real player we've lost.

How can anyone count Harper or Gosling when talking about players out?, you might as well count Kemen as an in in that case.. even Simpson is difficult to count.  Perch is the only real player we've lost.

I wouldn't compare Gosling to Harper or Simpson tbh.

Although i do think we are well covered in those positions without needing to sign replacements.

As said as it stands winger and a striker would do me.