NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

How can anyone count Harper or Gosling when talking about players out?, you might as well count Kemen as an in in that case.. even Simpson is difficult to count.  Perch is the only real player we've lost.

Still senior players we are losing, Simpson was still a capable squad player behind Debuchy. Perch was ok'ish, Harper still a senior keeper albeit extremely average, Gosling agreed terrible

How can anyone count Harper or Gosling when talking about players out?, you might as well count Kemen as an in in that case.. even Simpson is difficult to count.  Perch is the only real player we've lost.

I wouldn't compare Gosling to Harper or Simpson tbh.

Although i do think we are well covered in those positions without needing to sign replacements.

As said as it stands winger and a striker would do me.

I wouldn't compare their Newcastle careers, but as far as usefulness Harper would see no more action than Gosling next season and Simpson not much more.

Simpson who played about thirty games last season is difficult to count. :lol:

Are we replaying last season next season then?  We've signed players since than you know, if we'd had Debuchy and Yanga-Mbiwa from the start of last season how many games do you think Simpson would have gotten.

Simpson was a solid and usually reliable defender he definitely counts  :lol:

The reason i'm not bothered about him is because we have Debuchy, Santon, Haidara and Pardew seems to trust Dummett as well Yanga Mbiwa and Anita can play there.

He's definitely more of a loss than Perch, Harper or Gosling though.

Still senior players we are losing, Simpson was still a capable squad player behind Debuchy. Perch was ok'ish, Harper still a senior keeper albeit extremely average, Gosling agreed terrible

Harper was third choice keeper and could move to fourth choice anytime now with younger keepers coming through.  Simpson counts as a senior player of course, but not a loss IMO, but then I detest him more than some, and of course Perch is a useful squad player but I'd much rather see players like Anita and Bigiramana given a chance instead.

I really hope we sign Gomis just because my dad calls him Booker T.

"Can you dig it suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" - chants would be awesome.

Or playing the Booker T theme as his goal music.

The reason i'm not bothered about him is because we have Debuchy, Santon, Haidara and Pardew seems to trust Dummett as well Yanga Mbiwa and Anita can play there.

We obviously completely disagree on Simpson, he's ok as backup if we absolutely have to play him, but a constant and glaring weakness in the side when he was playing every week.  Like you say we've got more than enough players to cover their so I'm not sure how you can laugh at the idea that he doesn't really count as a loss, how can we say "4 out none in" if some of the 4 out are players we ourselves admit aren't useful and don't need to be replaced.

Harper was third choice keeper and could move to fourth choice anytime now with younger keepers coming through.  Simpson counts as a senior player of course, but not a loss IMO, but then I detest him more than some, and of course Perch is a useful squad player but I'd much rather see players like Anita and Bigiramana given a chance instead.

Suppose, maybe that is the plan to have Tiote/Cabaye with Anita and Bigi as backups. Would still like maybe one more option although I suppose Jonas urgh and Sissokho could drop in there when injuries inevitably happen.

Right back I take the point that Santon can drop in and should be looking at giving Tavernier chances if up to it.

Keeper, not sure about Alnwick mainly because never seen him play.

We obviously completely disagree on Simpson, he's ok as backup if we absolutely have to play him, but a constant and glaring weakness in the side when he was playing every week.  Like you say we've got more than enough players to cover their so I'm not sure how you can laugh at the idea that he doesn't really count as a loss, how can we say "4 out none in" if some of the 4 out are players we ourselves admit aren't useful and don't need to be replaced.

We do and we don't.....  i agree with the part in bold but not the he "doesn't count" part.

As said before i'm satisfied with the midfield and defence but we are extremely weak in attack players like Simpson who was a solid stop gap until we could get better ( Debuchy) so he definitely counts what ever way you want to slice it up.

I really hope we sign Gomis just because my dad calls him Booker T.

"Can you dig it suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" - chants would be awesome.

Or playing the Booker T theme as his goal music.

Any of these options would all the pain and suffering worth it :lol:

Can you really imagine what it'd be like if they played his theme after he scores? It'd be ludicrously funny. :lol: people doing spinaroonys in the stairwells.

It would like. Any club willing to put that amount of money up will turn his head and we'll have little choice.

Even if his head wasn't turned he'd be pushed out the door in a shot if someone put down £15m. Pards has already said we are overloaded in midfield.

I think he was thinking more of selling Gosling than Cabaye like.

Yep, also utter bollocks that we'd be rushing to accept the first offer, whether his head is turned or not.

£15m might not be the first offer. The first offer might be£10-12m which we'd knock back, then I could see us accepting £15m and selling. Then we'd try and replace him for about half that, or maybe not at all, seeing as we've got Sissoko, Tiote, Bigi and Anita all who can play through the middle.

It might not happen but can you honestly say that you'd be surprised if it did?

Player power wins 9 times out of 10...the 10th being Benteke. Fair play to Villa for the way they dealt with that, fairly sure our lot would be the polar opposite.

It does but there is nothing to suggest that Ashley would sell him for cheap its just classic doom mongering as there are zero examples of us letting key players go for cheap unless their contract was up or had a clause.

If he wants to go and i wouldn't blame him for doing so but he won't go for cheap.

Didn't mention selling him for cheap, I have no doubt Ashley would get a decent price. Whether he would re-invest it is another story.

Simpson who played about thirty games last season is difficult to count. :lol:

Aye, ridiculous the s**** some people come out with.

Aye :lol:

Simpson was better than Debuchy while both were at the club. IMO our weakest link last season was a full-back but it wasn't Simpson.

Davide was terrible for the second part of the season. Many goals where directly his fault.

Debuchy is adapting to the league and I reckon those months will benefit him greatly this season. But he was as poor as anyone in the second half of the season.

Debuchy was inconsistent as well, there were a few matches he looked a class above everyone else on the pitch. We can't discount being a player in a team absolutely in a nose dive with low confidence and massive amounts of worry being near the bottom of the league and fearful of the drop. With a new campaign on the horizon the players mentality will be in much h better places. I believe we'll see many of these players in better form.

Debuchy was awful last season, worst on the new lot by some distance but I think he'll be very different next season should he stay (think he will want to go as soon as Cabaye moves)