NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Indeed that's what I see happening.  Except Remy isn't left side.  Perhaps it's one out of those 3 plus someone like Sinclair or Ince (or some unnamed player from abroad).  I could see that happening.  I wouldn't say i'd be happy with that but i'd not be upset particularly.  I think it's the best we can hope for.

£8m a stupid price for a proven PL goalscorer? There are decent Championship players that go for £8m now.

8m for a 29 year old one trick pony. 6 at the absolute most is acceptable. If we get Bent we need others to make up for his lack of other ability. He ain't worth 8m. End of. No amount of puffed our chest Ronaldo posturing makes it any different.

£8m a stupid price for a proven PL goalscorer? There are decent Championship players that go for £8m now.

Are you seriously telling me you think Darren Bent's worth £8m?

Maybe for the right club I suppose.

Are you seriously telling me you think Darren Bent's worth £8m?

Maybe for the right club I suppose.

I can see why Villa would want £8m, especially after paying £18m not so long ago. He's 29 sure, but Cisse is not far off that and I doubt we'd take less than £10m. Not that I'd want to pay £8m for Bent. Cisse is a much better player IMO.

Totally different type of player, so clearly not.

He is a totally different player but he does also plays out wide left. We have a bid in, reported in several places that hasn't been denied yet either right?

Depends on Pardews idea of what we need upfront. He seems to value strength, Power, Pace.. tricks and skills are secondary.

Totally different type of player, so clearly not.

He is a totally different player but he does also plays out wide left. We have a bid in, reported in several places that hasn't been denied yet either right?

Depends on Pardews idea of what we need upfront. He seems to value strength, Power, Pace.. tricks and skills are secondary.

Are you saying Gignac can play wide left?  I've never heard that.  He seems completely unsuited to that role.

No, Im not an aficionado of French football.. I should have phrased it more of a question than a statement. I have read he plays wide left in several places.

That said it was my fear he would be an alternative to Remy.. and I could see Pardew wanting a more physical approach to the skills of Remy. Having bids in for both Gignac and Gomis seemed to hint at that. Could also be a replacement for Cisse though. 

Unless Cisse leaves or is certain to leave I can't imagine Ashley will sanction us buying two additional forwards. I don't believe that we would bid for both Gignac and Gomis, there would be no point at all in buying both. Best case scenario is Cisse leaves (this appears inevitable so might as well get it over and done with) and is replaced by Gomis and Remy out of the players we have being linked with. None of the above is very appealing but would be better than almost certain relegation.

Guest Recoba

Ive never been convinced by Gignac.  But I would be over tge moon if we signed him, because he would be a signing...

8m for a 29 year old one trick pony. 6 at the absolute most is acceptable. If we get Bent we need others to make up for his lack of other ability. He ain't worth 8m. End of. No amount of puffed our chest Ronaldo posturing makes it any different.

I don't think he's quite worth it. But it's not a stupid price.

It's not a crazy price except for what I think a general feeling that Bent is outdated in his style right now, taking into account the english premium it's not a bonkers price, he's just not the solution imo