NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Chelsea fans I know really don't like him.

There are those who think it not possible given his previous wages, but realistically he won't find those wages anywhere on these shores - and he's not retiring, so a paycut is the only realistic option for him if he stays in the country.

Good cover/squad player, but with performance-based add-ons in his contract and a reasonably low base salary.

I've always liked him and he would be ideal in the position that Ba takes up currently, although not as a replacement. On the one hand, it sounds like the sort of deal we would look at (a freebie), on the other hand, as some have mentioned, he may be high wages. Perhaps the club would consider giving him a hefty signing on fee, to make up for the loss in wages.

Knows Tiote doesn't he?

I don't really get where people can see Kalou as such a bad player, he's been good, got pace to burst, good dribbles, and he's shown that he do have end product to go with it. He's never been a first choice player at Chelsea and should have something to prove as a player. Albeit, if he's fed on success by playing for chelsea he could well be finished. It will be a gamble but we got sit on a very good reliable player of he comes here to take the club to the next level.

I don't particularly like Kalou tbh. I guess it would depend on what his role would be should he sign, but I'd be sceptical from the outset. He's essentially a player that has been there and done it, would he have the drive to push himself out of his comfort zone.

I like the idea of Kalou. Wrote the idea off initially as I thought he was old, but at 26 his best years are possibly a head of him. Never really stood out or given a massive chance in the Chelsea team that have boasted higher profile wingers than him in the past. As a regular starter I think he can improve a lot. More suited to the wide roll than Ba IMO.