NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Carroll and Enrique have proven to me I can get over player sales.

For me it's big difference between Carroll and Enrique vs Colo and HBA. Colo and HBA at their best have a max level that Carroll and Enrique have no chance in hell matching. HBA is the most gifted player I've ever seen in a black and white jersey and he could be as good as he wants if he gets his head straight. During my lifetime I would probably see a lot Enriquesque players coming and leaving who got some decent attributes, but also have obvious faults in their play. But I'll probably never again see a player who's capable of pulling off HBA's raid against Bolton or Blackburn. That's why HBA never can be sold, I don't care if we're offered £80 mill for him. He gets my heart ticking every time he has the ball. Love him so much!! 

Guest Roger Kint

The last thing Hatem will want is to not be playing games at this stage of his career, even the risk of that. He's said he'd need to feel real love & support from a big side if they went for him. Chelsea history of rotating everyone on the planet and their zero support of Torres doesnt make them great candidates.

I would imagine the fact the transfer is a work of fiction would be a bigger obstacle to them being candidates :lol:

Not really fazed by Chelsea interest in Ben Arfa. Being assured of a pivotal role in the first eleven seems to be more important to HBA than money and I simply can't see him trading in what he has here to sit on the bench at Chelsea.

Ben Arfa shouldn't be cheap... regardless his talent value... his commercial value is massive.. having player like him does raise clubs reputation (entertainment value). Massive shirt seller too... if Ashley sold him below 20 mill he is daft business man.

The last thing Hatem will want is to not be playing games at this stage of his career, even the risk of that. He's said he'd need to feel real love & support from a big side if they went for him. Chelsea history of rotating everyone on the planet and their zero support of Torres doesnt make them great candidates.

I would imagine the fact the transfer is a work of fiction would be a bigger obstacle to them being candidates :lol:

I prefer my version

Guest Roger Kint

People's reaction to this "rumour" is absolutely hilarious. Hatem Ben Arfa is a good footballer, probably as good as we're likely to see at NUFC anytime soon, but he's hardly the second coming.. :lol:

It'd take a Carroll-like bid for me to accept hba going. He and Cisse convert us from a good side to a potentially excellent one. Selling for something like £18m would be a backwards step.

18m for Ben Arfa would be a bargain. He's our most special player. If we were going to accept a bid from him, it'd have to be 30m+.

I don't think we'd sell at 18m.

I'm almost certain we'd accept £18million.

I'm almost certain we'd reject their first bid, regardless of the amount.

18m for Ben Arfa would be a bargain. He's our most special player. If we were going to accept a bid from him, it'd have to be 30m+.

What makes you think that? again if reports are to be believed we wouldnt accept anything less than 20m for Tiote or Cabaye so why would we accept less for Ben Arfa?

I could see us accepting something in the range of 25-35m but not 18m no way.

It's probably all BS anyway, but in anycase i cant see us accepting 18m for Ben Arfa.

Hmmm ... you know we paid £5 million for him right? And he really only started started coming together second half of last season.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea wanted him based on what he has shown so far, as he's really only getting started for us.

And if we were offered £18 million I'm not sure it would be turned down at all. I think that's being unrealistic.

As a fan I'd hate to see him go no matter how much, because I just don't see us getting the same type of player for the kind of price and value we go for. It was quite a unique situation under which we were able to get Ben Arfa. It really would be a shame.

Don't see it happening, certainly not yet anyway.

Who cares what we paid for him?  That's got nothing to do with what he's worth to the club now.

Exactly.

If someone gives you a nice watch, you don't go and sell it for £100 if people are buying it for £1000, regardless of whether you got it for free or not. His value to us now is x. If someone bids > x, he'll go. That x has nothing to do with what we spent on him.

Guest bimpy474

Who cares what we paid for him?  That's got nothing to do with what he's worth to the club now.

Although i think this story is cobblers, i think the last few post are wrong in how the Ashley/Lamparse look at it. The clubs policy is to buy younger players with resale value, the scenario discussed is exactly what they would love.

Buy him for £5m, sell him for £18m.........perfect for the current owner.

Just pointing what they have stated in the past, dont agree with it like.

Not if he thinks he can get £20m+

Ashley's a very tough negotiator. I'd be shocked if he didn't extract every penny he could from a club looking to buy one of our best players, rather than just accepting a bid because it's a good deal for us.

Guest firetotheworks

I think if we were to let him go, I'd take no less than FUCK OFF TALKING ABOUT SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS, tbh.

Although i think this story is cobblers, i think the last few post are wrong in how the Ashley/Lamparse look at it. The clubs policy is to buy younger players with resale value, the scenario discussed is exactly what they would love.

Just pointing what they have stated in the past, dont agree with it like.

don't most clubs do that (think of the last player man utd bought who was over 26 ?). the idea being IF they leave you make a profit rather than the motive being TO sell. fairly sure we could have sold most of the first team in the last year to guarantee a profit but we've only sold in certain circumstances (ie not wanting to lose players on freedom of contract and on one occasion a quite ridiculous offer).

What makes you think that? again if reports are to be believed we wouldnt accept anything less than 20m for Tiote or Cabaye so why would we accept less for Ben Arfa?

I could see us accepting something in the range of 25-35m but not 18m no way.

It's probably all BS anyway, but in anycase i cant see us accepting 18m for Ben Arfa.

Just a hunch. I'm still not sure that AP is convinced about him and 'his work rate'. Even towards the end of the season when he ran himself into the ground there was still the odd comment.

It's a none story anyway. All of our big players have been linked away from us, it was only a matter of time before HBA was too. If the papers are to be believed we'll have a squad of about 6 players next year.