NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I would like to see Best stay but 8m for Best and Simpson would really be too much to turn down..... also we could do quite alot with 8m.

BTW is Guthrie out of contract or do we expect a fee from him aswell? ( if he leaves which is looking quite likely)

Not quite sure what to make of pushing them out like this. Doesn't seem to add up somehow.

Puzzled. :hmm:

Really? I'm happy with it, especially Simpson. Don't have a problem with Best but I'm confident we'll replace him with better. Just a case of improving the squad for me, nothing more to it.

Really can't see us getting £8m combined. Can't imagine that's what the club are aiming for either, seems too steep.

Simpson will go for £3m+ without a doubt. West Ham would be perfect for him if they come up imo, Sam would fucking love him and it's a club that players will buy into.

Also if Best leaves i dont expect us to sign a high profile ( or higher) european forward to replace him with.....

If he does go i expect us to go into the Championship for around a 1m tbh.

Also with the hype around Simpson i would not be suprised at all if someone pays stupid money for him.

Not quite sure what to make of pushing them out like this. Doesn't seem to add up somehow.

Puzzled. :hmm:

Really? I'm happy with it, especially Simpson. Don't have a problem with Best but I'm confident we'll replace him with better. Just a case of improving the squad for me, nothing more to it.

Never said I was(n't) happy with it, I'm just not sure what they're up to. If they've got better players lined up then it's happy days but we won't know for a bit.

I think that Pards likes Best, and that he won't sell him unless we get a really decent offer; Simpson on the other hand I think we'll be looking to sell as a priority.

Wouldn't be absolutely devastated if Best left but at the moment I'd rather keep him. We're gonna need a handy sized squad for next season and he's proven himself to be a useful squad player.

If Best goes then hopefully the powers that be will have identified a striker to be our main guy up top during ACN. But not bothered really, even though I really do like Leon, I have full faith in recruitment at our club

AGENTS insist the Curtis Good deal from Melbourne Heart to Newcastle United is still on the table, despite reports in the UK that the EPL side had gone cold on the move.

Good earned praise from Magpies boss Alan Pardew who took him on a one-on-one training session before the end of the youngster's 10-day trial at Newcastle United last month.

The Newcastle manager said the 19 year old defender had "pace and presence" and the club opened  transfer negotiations with Melbourne Heart.

On Saturday the local Northern Echo newspaper claimed Good was set to be the club's first signing of the off-season when the transfer window opened in July.

But they warned that Heart were looking for up to $400,000 from United for Good.

By Tuesday, Newcastle's Evening Chronicle was reporting that United had gone cold  on the deal and the move was off.

Today though, agents Ritchie Hinton and Zeljko Susa involved in the deal insisted negotiations were still ongoing and were unaware of Newcastle pulling out of the talks.

"It's early days yet - the transfer window doesn't open until July 1," said Hinton. "There are ways to structure the deal - in payments, in sell-on clauses.

"As far as we are concerned the deal is still on and Heart and Newcastle are still in negotiations."

Cue the puns

F*ck it, we might as well buy Boilesen this summer....he will only get more and more expensive. Let him learn for a year....he can play in the cups and europe.

sounds like ajax are buying another danish lb. (simon poulsen)...cant have our 2 best lb´s fightning it out at the same club (i guess) :hmm: