NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He means Brahimi but

Brahimi is also eligible to represent Algeria at international level. Following a successful season with Clermont, he was contacted by the Fédération Algérienne de Football who offered the player an opportunity to play on the team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.[2] Brahimi was set to be named to manager Rabah Saadane's preliminary squad list for the competition, but turned down the opportunity with his preference being to continue his international career with France

Guest Shaun

He means Brahimi but

Brahimi is also eligible to represent Algeria at international level. Following a successful season with Clermont, he was contacted by the Fédération Algérienne de Football who offered the player an opportunity to play on the team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.[2] Brahimi was set to be named to manager Rabah Saadane's preliminary squad list for the competition, but turned down the opportunity with his preference being to continue his international career with France

I read he is more open to a call-up recently.

Guest nufc1892

Looking for the whole Senegal forward line? :lol:

If we sign another winger Obertan must be off.

Obertan's been a huge disappointment, but must still be given another chance.

As for this Rennes lad - think.

NOT a free transfer or a major clause in contract.

Unlikely we'll outbid rival claimants.

like cisse you mean ? and there's also where the player wants to go (if the media are to be believed we are quite a pull and i'd be surprised if we didn't offer better personal terms than supercalifrajelisticborussiamonchengladbach).

fwiw i think we would just be keeping an eye on him shopuld than carroll type offer come in for ben arfa.

Gladbach are in the Champions League this year iirc

Mulumbu has said in an interview that he's spoken to us and Spurs, but nowt concrete as of yet.

I have since come down from previous opinion of him and would be fine with it as long as its not a Tiote replacement and the wages are reasonable.

If he's a Tiote replacement ( as he's a lot worse) shit will go down.  :rant:

Guest MrSundlofer

Says his dream is to one day play for PSG. Funny how players all of a sudden want to go there now they're rich.

Mulumbu is from the PSG academy. He left them in 2009. Nothing wrong in him wants to return there.

Yeah but 18 months ago it'd be to play for big clubs in England, Spain and Italy, now suddenly these PSG fans have ambitions to go there. Wouldn't have happened before they became rich.

:lol:

That`s quite normal isent it, now their boyhood club can compete against the best, and pay them the same as in England/Spain etc, of course they want to join in.

Yeah but 18 months ago it'd be to play for big clubs in England, Spain and Italy, now suddenly these PSG fans have ambitions to go there. Wouldn't have happened before they became rich.

Like when Shearer came back to us then?

Mulumbu is a very, very good player. No doubt I'll get shot down by some here, but we wouldn't be losing much if we replaced Tioté with him (should Tioté go that is, which I think is unlikely). He offers more going forward than Tioté as well, which is good for some of those home games where Tioté is less necessary.

Guest bimpy474

Mulumbu is a very, very good player. No doubt I'll get shot down by some here, but we wouldn't be losing much if we replaced Tioté with him (should Tioté go that is, which I think is unlikely). He offers more going forward than Tioté as well, which is good for some of those home games where Tioté is less necessary.

Well hello Captain Defensive  :D

circa £8m-12m I would've thought

I would'nt pay anything over 5m tbh..... he's alright and would provide a different b2b option alongside Tiote and free up Cabaye but we should'nt break the bank for him theres much better options out there.

Diame is on a free and id prefer him tbh.

Hopefully Abeid will fill Tiote's boots when he's away or suspended.  What we need is a good young backup for Ba and Cisse, and buy Deubchy - Mbiwa....If we have resources left, then we can go after Diame or that swiss dude, or maybe both...

Mulumbu is a very decent player, but, he has had a poorer season by his standards, overall a good assessment of him, near the top in the division on tackles and interceptions apparently, having watched him for two seasons, he has one major flaw, he is not always the quickest in his thought processes, which leads to him giving the ball away in bad areas on occasions or giving silly free kicks away around the box.

I think he is no better than a mid table team player, as you aspire to maintain this seasons form, I doubt he is what you need.

I imagine he will go for 8-10 million.