NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Yacine Brahimi (linked with us I think) has handed in a transfer request at Rennes.

He has been and he would be a good signing imo..... can play wide and in the centre and technically gifted.

I wonder how much Rennes would want.

Could you imagine the improvement to our full back options if we rid ourselves of Simmo and replaced him with Debuchy and Clyne. If we get a cb that is near the Colo level of brilliance and keep Steven Taylor fit then our back four options look strong, especially with the EL to deal with next season.

Still think it would be wise to go for a left footed fullback. Would give us natural width and balance if we play with a front three who like to move into more central positions when attacking. Worked with Enrique overlapping Jonas in the 4-4-2 too.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Still think it would be wise to go for a left footed fullback. Would give us natural width and balance if we play with a front three who like to move into more central positions when attacking. Worked with Enrique overlapping Jonas in the 4-4-2 too.

I agree with this but I'm not too fussed about it if we have Sylvain coming back he'll eventually start getting games on the left wing and we'll be pretty ok with width.

I hope and think we're after a winger/attacking midfielder, one who can play many positions.

So do i, but i think we will look for a less known option for that " diamond in the rough" sort of player maybe like Yacine Brahimi.... who as mentioned above has asked to leave his club and handed in a transfer request and we have been linked with him many times and french media seem to think he's a target.

That sort of signing is more likely IMO and we sign more established players in defence.

Guest Rob 1988

Interest mounting in N'Doye

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7790718/Interest-mounting-in-N-Doye

Dame N'Doye is being strongly linked with a summer move to England, and his agent admits a number of clubs have shown an interest in his client.

The 27-year-old striker is currently plying his trade in Scandinavia with Danish giants FC Copenhagen.

He has slipped under the radar of Europe's top clubs in the past, with a season-long spell in Greece with Panathinakos as close as he has come to hitting the big time.

It is, however, being suggested that the Senegal international could soon be gracing the Premier League.

Ambition

An impressive strike-rate during his time in Denmark has brought him to the attention of English scouts, with Newcastle among those reported to have had him watched.

N'Doye's representative expects there to be plenty of options to consider this summer, with interest in his client mounting steadily ahead of the summer transfer window.

"There are many clubs keeping tabs on him," Niclas Jensen told Sporten.dk.

"Dame is an FCK player, but of course he has ambitions to play in a bigger league."

Guest Rob 1988

Newcastle target tells Rennes: I'm off

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120601/newcastle-target-tells-rennes-im-173479

Newcastle target Yacine Brahimi has handed in a transfer request at Rennes.

The exciting winger, 22, has been targeted by Alan Pardew and the Toon manager hopes to seal a deal this summer.

With Newcastle's French contingent growing with every transfer window, it appears Brahimi could be the latest Les Bleus star making his way to St James' Park.

Brahimi has been a senior player at Rennes since 2009, having initially joined the club's academy from PSG in 2006.

From there, he has thrived and after winning seven caps for France Under-21s, he is expected to make the step up to the senior side before too long.

Brahimi is said to want a new challenge and that has led to him telling Rennes he wants out - with Pardew ready to make his move.

Pardew will have to be quick, though, as Borussia Monchengladbach are expected to make the first bid.

we seem to have a hell of a lot of 'targets'. I've no doubt we have an interest in many players, that doesn't necessarily mean they are targets. some may be to monitor their progress, some in case the carroll type offer comes in for a current player, some in case a first choice target doesn't come off but i can't see us 'targeting' all these.

Guest Phil K

Looking for the whole Senegal forward line? :lol:

If we sign another winger Obertan must be off.

Obertan's been a huge disappointment, but must still be given another chance.

As for this Rennes lad - think.

NOT a free transfer or a major clause in contract.

Unlikely we'll outbid rival claimants.

From what i understand he's a winger and attacking midfielder ala Marveaux and while he would probably be above Obertan in the pecking order i doubt Obertan would be off as we need depth ( unless ofc Obertan expressed a wish to leave)

Obertan's been a huge disappointment, but must still be given another chance.

As for this Rennes lad - think.

NOT a free transfer or a major clause in contract.

Unlikely we'll outbid rival claimants.

like cisse you mean ? and there's also where the player wants to go (if the media are to be believed we are quite a pull and i'd be surprised if we didn't offer better personal terms than supercalifrajelisticborussiamonchengladbach).

fwiw i think we would just be keeping an eye on him shopuld than carroll type offer come in for ben arfa.

From what i understand he's a winger and attacking midfielder ala Marveaux and while he would probably be above Obertan in the pecking order i doubt Obertan would be off as we need depth ( unless ofc Obertan expressed a wish to leave)

We would still have quite a bit of depth.

For a 4-4-2 we would have Brahimi, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Amalfitano - five players for two positions

Either side of Cisse we would have Ba, Brahimi, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Amalfitano, Best - six players for two positons.

Even taking Marveaux out that's two players for each position plus Raylor (4-4-2) if it gets bare bones.

Seems a bit much, suppose we could loan Obertan out as he desperately needs a run of games.

FYI the french media said a few months ago that along with Debuchy, Mbiwa and others he was one of the players we are scouting from France this summer.

So there could be something in this and if he has handed in a transfer request then i dont think the price will be a problem and its funny Ben Arfa has been mentioned because his style reminds me a lot of him.

Could play wide and centre like Ben Arfa and Marveaux so i would be quite happy if we signed him.

And much more likely than the likes of Affelay.

Afellay would be a great signing for so many reasons. Can play as part of a front three or in midfield. Like Marveaux, I suppose.

Can't see it happening though