NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Mulumbu is a very, very good player. No doubt I'll get shot down by some here, but we wouldn't be losing much if we replaced Tioté with him (should Tioté go that is, which I think is unlikely). He offers more going forward than Tioté as well, which is good for some of those home games where Tioté is less necessary.

Mulumbu is a very decent player, but, he has had a poorer season by his standards, overall a good assessment of him, near the top in the division on tackles and interceptions apparently, having watched him for two seasons, he has one major flaw, he is not always the quickest in his thought processes, which leads to him giving the ball away in bad areas on occasions or giving silly free kicks away around the box.

I think he is no better than a mid table team player, as you aspire to maintain this seasons form, I doubt he is what you need.

I imagine he will go for 8-10 million.

Exactly how i feel, i understand the want for a physical b2b that offers as much in the final third as he does in defensive third but i feel we can do a lot better than Mulumbu.

Also when you consider that this type of player is littered all over France we should be able to get someone of this type for dirt cheap.

He maybe a decent player but 8-10m is too much for decent and i feel we should looking higher than "decent" for the role Mulumbu would fulfill.

we sign amalfitano already.... :lol:

If it came out of the blue it would have been MUCH more exciting, knowing about it so long took the edge of, just got to the point of 'hurry up and confirm it'.

The window opens straight after the last game of the season in the country now, doesn't it?

Yeah, they just don't go through until the start of June or something.

Newcastle United are in the midst of an audacious bid for Rayo Vallecano's Spanish midfielder Miguel Pérez Cuesta.

Managing Director Derek Llambias has flown to the nations capital along with club secretary Lee Charnley, in a bid to conduct a swift

deal for the 26 year old attacking midfielder. Newcastle manager Alan Pardew believes his side are too reliant on star strikers Papiss

Cisse and Demba Ba to find the back of the net, making it his priority to find goals from other areas of his side. Chief scout Graham Carr

believes the solution to Pardew's problem is the signing of the former Celta Vigo attacker for a nominal fee. Cuesta has taken the

Spanish La Liga by storm this season scoring an incredible 22 goals in just 37 matches from an advanced midfield position in his debut

season for the side from Vallecas.

It is believed that Newcastle have unearthed a release clause in the players contract that could see him leave Madrid for

Tyneside in a deal worth only €4 million.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Was on tribal football .. but seems as if theyve taken it down.. so must be a load of bollocks

Lol anything from caughtoffside and tribalfootball will always be shit yet here we are with people still willing to believe

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think AP said he was going away with the family after the Monaco grand prix. Maybe that's the reason it's so quiet?

Newcastle United are in the midst of an audacious bid for Rayo Vallecano's Spanish midfielder Miguel Pérez Cuesta.

Managing Director Derek Llambias has flown to the nations capital along with club secretary Lee Charnley, in a bid to conduct a swift

deal for the 26 year old attacking midfielder. Newcastle manager Alan Pardew believes his side are too reliant on star strikers Papiss

Cisse and Demba Ba to find the back of the net, making it his priority to find goals from other areas of his side. Chief scout Graham Carr

believes the solution to Pardew's problem is the signing of the former Celta Vigo attacker for a nominal fee. Cuesta has taken the

Spanish La Liga by storm this season scoring an incredible 22 goals in just 37 matches from an advanced midfield position in his debut

season for the side from Vallecas.

It is believed that Newcastle have unearthed a release clause in the players contract that could see him leave Madrid for

Tyneside in a deal worth only €4 million.

To be fair, it does read like a genuine newspaper article though