NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Give me Hoilett, Debuchy and Douglas and i'm happy..... would like a midfielder too but beggars cant be choosers.

I'd live with that, we would have progressed from last season imo (including Good and Bigi plus the fact a few of our youths have a years further experience).

Only game I seen Douglas play, he looked about as mobile as a cart horse (complete with cart)

Anybody seen many of his games?

What are his strong points?

from the little i've seen, woodgate-esque but not as good. is mobile without looking it, not a blood and thunder tackler (can but doesn't need to that much) but more the type to ease the opposition off the ball, tidy on the ball but in the games i saw didn't seem to take many of thr opportunities to stride out when he could with the ball.

Only game I seen Douglas play, he looked about as mobile as a cart horse (complete with cart)

from the little i've seen, woodgate-esque but not as good. is mobile without looking it, not a blood and thunder tackler (can but doesn't need to that much) but more the type to ease the opposition off the ball, tidy on the ball but in the games i saw didn't seem to take many of thr opportunities to stride out when he could with the ball.

That and he's probably stronger, quicker and better in the air than any of our CB's.

Looked like a big unit alright, in fact so-much-so, I'd say he was carrying a bit too much timber if I was being harsh.

Still hard to tell from one half of football on ESPN  :)

Certainly like the sound of a good header of a ball (a much underestimated skill I find)

Guest SweMatt

With Marveaux coming back fully fit for the season I don't see why we need another midfielder. Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Amalfatino and Bigirimana should all be contenders for starting eleven. Obertan, Gosling, Vuckic and Moyo should be squad players.

I'd rather see money spent on a striker, a centre back and Debuchy.

Pardew has said he expects to bring in 3 players ( 1 of them being a striker) do we think he considers Hoilett a striker?

If we bought Hoilett, Debuchy and a striker. I think we would missing out one of the most important area's of the squad, that needs strengthening and that is a CB.

Pardew has said he expects to bring in 3 players ( 1 of them being a striker) do we think he considers Hoilett a striker?

If we bought Hoilett, Debuchy and a striker. I think we would missing out one of the most important area's of the squad, that needs strengthening and that is a CB.

i don't think hoilett was ever a realistic thing.

Yeah, i was just basing it off Pardew's quotes. So hopefully it's a striker, CB and Debuchy.

Yeah, i was just basing it off Pardew's quotes. So hopefully it's a striker, CB and Debuchy.

thats how i see it.

With Marveaux coming back fully fit for the season I don't see why we need another midfielder. Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Amalfatino and Bigirimana should all be contenders for starting eleven. Obertan, Gosling, Vuckic and Moyo should be squad players.

:thup: Midfielder shouldn't be ahead of CB, FB and ST imo.

you'd be thinking of starting amalfatino and bigitimana ahead of the likes of vuckic and obertan beacuse............ ?

That and he's probably stronger, quicker and better in the air than any of our CB's.

Looked like a big unit alright, in fact so-much-so, I'd say he was carrying a bit too much timber if I was being harsh.

Still hard to tell from one half of football on ESPN  :)

Certainly like the sound of a good header of a ball (a much underestimated skill I find)

Can't stand having slow CB's, really hope they spend a few extra pennies and bring in Sakho.

He's not slow mate, as i said he's quicker than any CB we have on the books currently. Sakho is quicker but how likely is that? seem's a very fm-tastic transfer to me. Where as Douglas is actually realistic.

Although there was news from Le 10 Sport ( same french paper that reported the Debuchy wants to join story) that we are eying Sakho as an alternative to Douglas.

It's gotta be BS tho surely ? :dontknow:

We're after M'Baye Niang according to footmercato. He's currently on trial at Arsenal though.

Only 17 years and not even two full seasons in Ligue 1 in the legs, but M'Baye Niang has already put the English club Arsenal to his feet. Party in London to take a test at the Gunners striker Stade Malherbe de Caen is always the other side of the Channel. Reportedly, the Caen have successfully passed the entrance examination and convinced the vice-European champion in 2006, although for now, nothing concrete to report.

But the Gunners will have to accelerate if they expect to enroll striker Lower Normandy. Certainly very fond of rookies made ​​in Ligue 1, Newcastle is indeed the forcing to engage the services of the player. A meeting between representatives of the Magpies and Niang had already taken place. But again, no information about an offer not filtered.