NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I've been trying to ignore the transfer speculation this pre-season.  Had enough of getting my hopes up and thought we'd just go about our business like the last couple of seasons.  I wasn't really that arsed and thought we'd get 2 or 3 quality first teamers in, without spending much.

I have to say, the old transfer window paranoia is setting in though :lol:

I can see us losing one of the first team and missing out on most of our first choice targets.  Even if we do get Debuchy, a CB and a forward.  I have to echo Dave's sentiments, it's getting a bit late in the day already.  They're not going to be settled or up to speed and there will be a long bedding in period.

I just hope we tie up some deals out of the blue like we've managed in previous years.  Oh and I hope we don't waste money signing Carroll.

Guest Shaun

If we sign Remy then I would hope we also look at Jo Sondre Aas from Sandefjord.  With Ba that would give us a frontline of:

Baremy Aas.

Awful

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/23/marseille-star-is-on-newcastle-united-s-radar-72703-31453635/

NEWCASTLE UNITED are understood to be in the hunt for Frenchman Loic Remy.

The French media are suggesting that Marseille striker Remy has been approached by United in recent days.

The Chronicle understands that Remy is very much open to offers this summer and is interested by a move to the Premier League.

The 25-year-old star had been wanted by Tottenham Hotspur under Harry Redknapp.

But it is thought that Andreas Villas-Boas may also want to take him on as part of his new revolution at White Hart Lane.

Remy is available on a knockdown fee from Marseille with the Velodrome club suffering financially.

They know that Remy will leave on a free transfer at the end of the season and around £15million is the price tag.

If we sign Remy then I would hope we also look at Jo Sondre Aas from Sandefjord.  With Ba that would give us a frontline of:

Baremy Aas.

Awful

:D

£15 million is the knockdown fee?  Must be pretty special at that price.  Decent enough scoring record according to wiki but it says something on there about a suspected heart defect.

Guest bimpy474

Arsehole are asking £30m for Van Persil, in the last year of his contract too.....they are all feckin mental.

Right-back is the most important, centre-back and striker are of about equal importance. A backup goalkeeper would be nice, not gonna happen though.

I think if Good and this Koura lad get signed then it's at least a little more depth just in case we fail to recruit proper first teamers.

Fullback left or right, striker and CB

Sign a LB & Santon cam play RB or sign a RB & leave Santon at LB.

We do not need a striker who can play left wing but who can play left of a front three, we have enough wingers who play on the left.

A left footed CB would be nice but not essential for him to be left footed.

Do you not think a CM is just as vital as a CB? Assuming we do play 4-3-3, jonas would have to be considered a weak link in a deep-lying midfield role alongside tiote? and after him we only really have youngsters, Bigi Mehdi etc. If we got Anita, suddenly that midfield three would look awesome:

Tiote - Anita

Cabaye

Not much wrong with Cabaye and Tiote as first choice in centre midfield.

Beyond that theres Amalfitano - 23 years old in a month - you'd think he'd be looking to get close to the team straight away.

Gosling is 22 and has achieved nothing in 2 years here. Must have some ability hidden there if he played for under 21s - big season for him and it is worth giving him more chances. Been talking himself up a bit in the press recently and didnt do too badly the other day.

Vuckic and Abeid are both nearly 20 and Vuckic supposedly did fairly well at Cardiff last year which isn't a bad standard.

Bigirimana was also playing championship football fairly regularly last year.

Then theres Perch can still do a job as a destroyer and we also used Ryan Taylor in the centre as well, not that I'd particularly like to see that again.

The club have said all along that we want to be a club that develops young players  and they'll not be spending unecessarily either . With that in mind I really don't think we'll sign another centre midfielder unless its to replace Tiote. It could leave us a little short on experience but we've got 5 young players there looking to prove themselves, hopefully one or 2 of them will stand out this season.