JH

Guest bimpy474

the people talking shit, well I never

Its the Mirror though isn't it ?

Same answer to be fair ;)

Inventing quotes from 'a source' rule one: make sure you get your facts right.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-andy-carroll-could-1180624

A Newcastle source told People Sport: “All our plans are up in the air until we find out on Tuesday what Ba is doing. We understand his people have talked to Rubin Kazan and Galatasaray, but we have not received any offers from any of the top clubs in Europe.

“This is exactly what happened with Jose Enrique 12 months ago, when he and his people kept us waiting until he moved to Liverpool right at the death on transfer-deadline day. We don’t want a repeat of that.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14494213

Jose Enrique joins Liverpool from Newcastle

Oops.

:whistle:

Guest bimpy474

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-andy-carroll-could-1180624

A Newcastle source told People Sport: “All our plans are up in the air until we find out on Tuesday what Ba is doing. We understand his people have talked to Rubin Kazan and Galatasaray, but we have not received any offers from any of the top clubs in Europe.

“This is exactly what happened with Jose Enrique 12 months ago, when he and his people kept us waiting until he moved to Liverpool right at the death on transfer-deadline day. We don’t want a repeat of that.”

Oops.

Ahh right sorry mate, Mirror story quoting the People, threw me that.

Oops.

Ahh right sorry mate, Mirror story quoting the People, threw me that.

for some reason the Mirror often puts up People Football stories up on their site, never got it myself since they are competing with each other :dontknow:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/29/79310-31497940/

Pardew confident of Newcastle transfer breakthrough

Jul 29 2012 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW is confident that Newcastle United will make a transfer breakthrough this week.

And in news that will hearten the Toon faithful with Demba Ba’s contract clause set to expire on Tuesday, he also thinks there will be NO exits this summer.

Pardew delivered his upbeat message from United’s Portuguese training camp after talks with managing director Derek Llambias.

He told the Sunday Sun: “I think the situation is that by the end of the week – by next Sunday – I think we will have another player in. I’m hoping we will have two players in.

“And I don’t want to see anybody go out and I don’t think I will. That’s my genuine feeling.”

The Sunday Sun under- stands that United are closest to landing France right-back Mathieu Debuchy, who has already agreed terms with the Tynesiders.

But there is also ongoing interest in Ajax’s utility man Vurnon Anita – and a fresh bid is in the pipeline for the Holland man.

Although United have identified one or two alternatives to their main targets, their shopping list consists of Andy Carroll, Debuchy and Anita.

And the powers-that-be believe they do not need major surgery this summer – especially if they manage to survive the close season without losing any of their star names.

Ba is the most vulnerable to a bid with a clause inserted into his contract that means he can leave for £7.5million. But Ba is not agitating for a move and the terms around the deal – his wages and fees that would be due to agents – put off potential suitors.

If he stays, United will probably wait until NEXT summer to discuss the terms of a new deal.

United are also closing in on a deal for Australian defender Curtis Good, who has jetted over to England to complete a switch from Melbourne Heart.

Vurnon Anita, Debuchy, Douglas and Remy and I will make a £100 bet on Newcastle finishing top 4.

Don't think we will sign 4 players, reckon we will see Anita, Debuchy and a striker who that striker is i'm not sure. I would still be happy with that mind.

MUCH rather have a centre back over Anita

Same but i'm getting the feeling that the club is pushing for Anita over a CB and that's not just Douglas reports, it just seems to be a wide spread opinion over last few weeks that our main targets are a RB, DM and a striker.

Guest Sir_Frank_Pingle

Hi,

Firstly I'm new on here - first post etc etc so take it easy.

I'm a Geordie and previous season ticket holder all my life who recently moved to Amsterdam for work reasons - anyway last week I payed a visit to the Amsterdam Arena to watch Amsterdam play Celtic (a pretty poor game) but thought I'd have a go a Mr Carr's game.

I watched the game as a neutral but kept a close eye on Anita (due to our link)

Anyway a few points a noticed -

He had a far greater build physical then I was expecting - although short-ish he definitely had a presence and explosive power.

At time Ajax Centre halves almost became full backs with the fullbacks intern becoming almost second wingers, pretty much everything came from Anita often as the deepest player on the pitch. He was definitely the fulcrum  of the team and from what I seen I think he would be a great buy.  He is certainly not as aggressive as Tiote but definitely a better footballer and his understanding of position and tactics looks top notch - much like Cabaye but a lot deeper, almost a sweeper at times.

I do feel with the capture of Debuchy and Santon I could see Pardew placing far more emphasis on our full backs as attacking threats with Anita being the key in this change - lets hope we get the guy.

Anyway I was impressed enough to finally join this board after years of reading it from afar.

Hi,

Firstly I'm new on here - first post etc etc so take it easy.

I'm a Geordie and previous season ticket holder all my life who recently moved to Amsterdam for work reasons - anyway last week I payed a visit to the Amsterdam Arena to watch Amsterdam play Celtic (a pretty poor game) but thought I'd have a go a Mr Carr's game.

I watched the game as a neutral but kept a close eye on Anita (due to our link)

Anyway a few points a noticed -

He had a far greater build physical then I was expecting - although short-ish he definitely had a presence and explosive power.

At time Ajax Centre halves almost became full backs with the fullbacks intern becoming almost second wingers, pretty much everything came from Anita often as the deepest player on the pitch. He was definitely the fulcrum  of the team and from what I seen I think he would be a great buy.  He is certainly not as aggressive as Tiote but definitely a better footballer and his understanding of position and tactics looks top notch - much like Cabaye but a lot deeper, almost a sweeper at times.

I do feel with the capture of Debuchy and Santon I could see Pardew placing far more emphasis on our full backs as attacking threats with Anita being the key in this change - lets hope we get the guy.

Anyway I was impressed enough to finally join this board after years of reading it from afar.

I'm glad we meet up to your standards :)

Welcome.

Guest Sir_Frank_Pingle

Impressed enough by Anita :)

Always thought the board was a good read.....

School boy error Pingle - Pingel? anyway I can change? :)

Impressed enough by Anita :)

Always thought the board was a good read.....

School boy error Pingle - Pingel? anyway I can change? :)

You must contact our God, the entity known as Dave.

*quietly sings the word 'Dave' repeatedly to himself to the tune of the Imperial March*