NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest nufc_89

Doubt van der wiel ends up at arsenal. He wants to leave ajax because he is left on the bench but the same thing would happen if he joins them. Also, Jenkinson would not have a future as a gonner if they sign van der wiel and I dont think Wenger wants that to happen.

From what I've seen and read I think I'd be a little disappointed if we ended up with Van der Wiel instead of Debuchy.

Van Der Wiel's situation is a lot like Santon's actually. Hyped as a youngster but somehow has lost his way and seem's to have stagnated over last 2 years but what is not up for debate is like Santon is Van Der Wiel's ability.

He could be the next player we turn from "damaged goods"  to "brand new" again.

I prefer Debuchy, because i know what i'm getting but if we can't get Debuchy then you won't see me complaining about Van Der Wiel coming instead.

It is being reported that one of those players that Newcastle like the look of is the Japanese captain and centre back Maya Yoshida, with a quote coming from a source at the club saying “Yoshida’s a classy player”.

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

Few soundbites from The Pardy Man in today's Sunday Sun, but little of real interest:

- Ideally wants three players in.

- Bonus that we've not lost anyone and nor are likely (yawwwn).

- Happy to go into Spurs game with the squad he's got.

Paper also says a Carroll deal is a "non starter."

Guest BooBoo

Liverpool also linked with Ashley Williams in the press this morning.

That "no bids for swansea players for a year",  is just bollocks?

Essentially, Brendan Rodgers is a bastard.

Guest BooBoo

Or the papers are just making it up which is waaaaaay more likely.

The papers have no baring on Rodgers being a bastard though.

There was no selling club to deal with for the Cabaye(release clause), Ba(release clause), and Marveaux(free) deals though. It was just a matter of personal terms.

It might be that targetting "bigger" targets this summer is actually pushing back the pace of our business.