NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest nufc_89

If Laudrup wants to keep developing Swansea's Tikki Takka Obertan or a player with his passing accuracy would be a disaster. Hence, cant see it happen

I wouldn't be against selling Obertan. I've nowt against the bloke and don't think he's as useless as some on here make out, but if we're serious about staying amongst the top clubs then he's not good enough and we have more talented players in his position. Was worth a pop, hasn't worked out. We move on.

I wouldn't be against selling Obertan. I've nowt against the bloke and don't think he's as useless as some on here make out, but if we're serious about staying amongst the top clubs then he's not good enough and we have more talented players in his position. Was worth a pop, hasn't worked out. We move on.

With a slightly heavy heart I'd agree with that. Would really like him to fulfill his potential here, but I'm less and less convinced it'll happen for him.

I'd say if January comes and he's still "the same" I could see him being shifted on.

Then again, Pards may have worked is magic on him and he's going to be the new HBA

:pards:

I don't think he'll ever be vital, he could potentially be useful, but he'd have to improve a lot. I'd have more faith in us selling him and getting a replacement in before the end of the window. I can't imagine we'd be looking to sell unless we had ideas on a replacement

Guest BooBoo

Sounds like a classic "make a story out of a single quote when there's fuck all else to report." Alan Oliver made a career out if it.

With a slightly heavy heart I'd agree with that. Would really like him to fulfill his potential here, but I'm less and less convinced it'll happen for him.

I'd say if January comes and he's still "the same" I could see him being shifted on.

Then again, Pards may have worked is magic on him and he's going to be the new HBA

:pards:

This, we have quite a lot of cover for the wings:

HBA

Jonas

Marveaux

Amalfitano

Sameobi

Fergson

At a push Raylor, Abeid, Vukic and Santon.

If we can get more than we paid I would let him go. Especially if we are looking at bringing in a winger/striker.

Tomorrow's Journal carries quotes from Pardew praising Bigi and seemingly saying signings like that are the way forward. Not sure it has any real significance like.

If Bigi turns out to be the business (and the reports are looking OK) then I'd say that kind of signing would indeed be the way forward, insofar as it was a cheap buy, you get to mould the player from a young age and they can be bedded into the first team at their own pace.

I suspect that'll ultimately be the model for us going forward (interesting topic actually).

At the minute we are building (have mostly built) a very strong first eleven and have added some promising back up this summer. Not all are going to make it (as is the case in football in general) but I think with the advent of a much more switched on scouting system we'll find more of these players will make the grade than in previous years.

The future of football in the model we "appear" to be working towards is, youth, youth, youth.

Bring in young, talented kids and school them yourself. It'll take years to get right and we've balled up in the Academy thing, but I really see this as the way forward both in a football and business sense.

Thoughts?