NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Wouldn't describe him as a beast. Always looked paradoxically weak/unassertive for a 6 foot 4 inch African plus he gets injured more than Steven Taylor. Bit prone to Bramble lapses of concentration too.

I think he's a competent PL defender and an upgrade on our backup options but we could really do without another injury prone centre back.

I'd say no due to his injury proneness, think he looked alright at times, was part of a badly organised defence that kept shifting positions so think he came accross badly, still can't see him anything other than backup, a decidedly meh signing if we are going for him (which I doubt)

As said, we should go for a quality CB to partner Colo. Would like a quite pacey/athletic one to complement Colo (but with ability on the ball as well of course) That would give us some nice depth in the cb area.

CB, RB and a LW/left sided forward should be our main priority for the coming transfer windows (as it is now). I hope that we go for real quality, players that will improve our starting 11 and use the current ones in these positions as squad players.

Hopefully we'll get a couple of quality additions in january already to improve us, and most importantly to show our current key players that we're at least showing some kind of ambition to improve, if not im afraid that we'll struggle too keep our best ones for another year. Can't see us signing these type of players unfortunately :(

Italian media.... yeah.

I write for that site and pretty much everyone is English...so don't bad-mouth it :lol:

:lol: i'm very much against italian media when it comes to english clubs is more often than not it's a load of crap lol.

Apologise none the less i'm sure what you write is great  :razz:

15th December 2011:

And afterwards he told Chroniclelive: “Mike asked me when am I going to get a centre-half. It’s about making sure we get the right one. When you look at centre-halves it is easy to get it wrong."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/15/alan-pardew-given-green-light-in-nufc-transfer-quest-72703-29959962/#ixzz2AA17OnQe

Had a year to think about it, so hopefully we have now made our mind up. Be surprised if they've decided on Djourou though.

We've done significant business every January Ashley has been here so I think we actually will get a defender in this time.

We've basically made one major January signing since relegation, and arguably only that one ever since Ashley has been here. With regards to those mentioned above, Nolan was almost given away, Taylor came in a part-ex for N'Zogbia, and the others were either free or signed when we were in the fizzy pop league. Pardew and Llambias have repeatedly stated that we don't believe it offers value for money - even after we signed Cisse they played this card IIRC, and said we only bought him because the asking price suddenly dropped. And don't forget this pearler:

"If you can't do your business in the summer, then I don't know why because there is plenty of time."

:lol:

I'm not saying we won't sign anyone at all, but I don't expect significant investment.

In my opinion 1st priority should be CB, 2nd a LW/left sided forward and a RB as third. Would be happy if we added one with real quality tbh, can't see it though.

I think we will see a fullback come in sooner or later because Simpson is out of contract in the summer, whether that happens in January or summer is up for debate.

Guest pont-toon

In my opinion 1st priority should be CB, 2nd a LW/left sided forward and a RB as third. Would be happy if we added one with real quality tbh, can't see it though.

I think we will see a fullback come in sooner or later because Simpson is out of contract in the summer, whether that happens in January or summer is up for debate.

If we managed to sign a centre back in January of the same quality of Colo then I would be up for a mass debate