NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

We'll definitely sign a defender in January in my opinion. Probably a centre-back as it seems to have been in the plans for at least a year now and the situation has worsened with Saylor's injury. I get the feeling the club put it off for winter in the same way they did with Cissé last season. I'll be very (pleasantly) surprised if anybody else arrives though.

We needed a CB, RB and CF in the summer when we had everyone available. Everyone knew it and accepted it.

You can only do things on the cheap for so long, eventually you need to invest some cash in the squad or you'll fucking go down.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/13/newcastle-united-hatem-ben-arfa

The loss of his most creative player is the last thing Newcastle's manager needs at a time when his 14th-placed side have won only one of their last nine games. "We look weak with the injuries we've sustained and we may need to bring in a player or two next month," said Pardew. "We're in the market, as I'm sure a few other clubs will be too. I think there'll be movement in this window."

For the moment, though, he is demanding more from his existing personnel. "We're a good side that's under-performing," he said. "There are reasons for that but we can't accept them."

At least he continues to be backed by Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner. "I want to look Mike in the eye with great results under my belt, but at the minute I can't. I'm looking at him in the eye and I've got tricky results," said Pardew.

"But he understands why. Mike has been very supportive and now we look to the window. He's put me under no pressure in this period, other to say: 'Can I help you?' The only pressures are external pressures from our fans and the media."

We needed a CB, RB and CF in the summer when we had everyone available. Everyone knew it and accepted it.

You can only do things on the cheap for so long, eventually you need to invest some cash in the squad or you'll f***ing go down.

It isn't exactly the norm for a team to go from a strong 4th place finish to relegation in a season. You talk like the squad haven't been invested in for several years. We aren't the first of better clubs to get it wrong in the transfermarket and we certainly won't be the last. What matters is how we rectify it in the upcomming one.

I'm one of the biggest cynics going but I'd be amazed if we didn't buy in January, my only issue is that we'll probably buy European which in a position other than centre forward it is very hard to hit the ground running in the PL particular when the type of player we'll be after will be out of form/contract and therefore not dying to impress.

Saying that I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we sell to buy.

You can only do things on the cheap for so long, eventually you need to invest some cash in the squad or you'll fucking go down.

:lol: well said, someone needs to put this on a banner/flag or summit and take it to the match

not that it would matter

Paul Reece ‏@PaulReece10

Beardsley talk-in, Pedro revealed he would like the club to sign PSG striker Kevin Gamiero and revealed United offered £17m for Carrol #nufc

and yet couldn't invest that £17m in a cb,rb and cf in the summer? Bullshit from Beardsley that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Beardsley talk-in, Pedro revealed he would like the club to sign PSG striker Kevin Gamiero and revealed United offered £17m for Carrol #nufc

Dodged bullet...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/13/newcastle-united-hatem-ben-arfa

The loss of his most creative player is the last thing Newcastle's manager needs at a time when his 14th-placed side have won only one of their last nine games. "We look weak with the injuries we've sustained and we may need to bring in a player or two next month," said Pardew. "We're in the market, as I'm sure a few other clubs will be too. I think there'll be movement in this window."

For the moment, though, he is demanding more from his existing personnel. "We're a good side that's under-performing," he said. "There are reasons for that but we can't accept them."

At least he continues to be backed by Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner. "I want to look Mike in the eye with great results under my belt, but at the minute I can't. I'm looking at him in the eye and I've got tricky results," said Pardew.

"But he understands why. Mike has been very supportive and now we look to the window. He's put me under no pressure in this period, other to say: 'Can I help you?' The only pressures are external pressures from our fans and the media."

At times like this I'm so grateful for Ashley....

Miralem Sulejmani could leave ajax in january for about 3 mill euro according to a danish football site. He is out of contract this summer. Besiktas and gladbach seems interested.

Sounds like a good deal....iirc he plays LW.

He's a headcase, and not a very good one to boot. No thanks.

Wish he'd stop talking about injuries 24/7, we're only really missing 3 players from our first 11. He makes it sound like we're struggling to put a team out.

Taylor, Ben Arfa and Cabaye are pretty big misses tbh. Ben Arfa is irreplaceable, Williamson is nowhere near Taylor and Cabaye is different to anything else we have in midfield.

Miralem Sulejmani could leave ajax in january for about 3 mill euro according to a danish football site. He is out of contract this summer. Besiktas and gladbach seems interested.

Sounds like a good deal....iirc he plays LW.

He's a headcase, and not a very good one to boot. No thanks.

oh well...