NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Some guy on TalkSport just raved for about 10 minutes about Zaha and then when asked if there was any more interesting transfer news, he said that 'Newcastle have signed a load of French geezers' and couldn't tell the presenter anything about any of them. Sigh.

Nobody's heard of them remember, like Ben Arfa. :lol:

They then asked Julien Laurens whether Newcastle were buying 'a load of rejects' and he basically said 'no, they're all class'.  Surreal radio.

Arsenal/Chelsea used to get the same jip man when they were totally foreign & contributing litte to English football

The buying and selling of a Frenchman (Anelka) funded Arsenal's academy facilities which has just produced the future of the national team. Wenger =  :smug:

Viera too was a huge miss

During the talk about how this is going to affect our academy I wish someone had have brought the point up about our academy producing the most expensive English player ever bought. I realise he was never worth the money Liverpool paid but it might have at least shut a few people up.

Some guy on TalkSport just raved for about 10 minutes about Zaha and then when asked if there was any more interesting transfer news, he said that 'Newcastle have signed a load of French geezers' and couldn't tell the presenter anything about any of them. Sigh.

To be fair he was the North West reporter for the Daily Express and wasn't asked specifically about our signings. Hickman who is the Express' NE correspondant only really spoke about Coloccini. I dont rate him either, always has a smug laugh about him, never give smuch decent info.

They then asked Julien Laurens whether Newcastle were buying 'a load of rejects' and he basically said 'no, they're all class'.  Surreal radio.

Rejects, man. :lol:

So we bring in a German yeh? Who the f***s he going to talk to then? Stupid idea.

Not just 1 German, Ince was implying that we'd be better signing 5 Germans...

So we are evil for buying french players and ignoring the poor kids but if we buy 5 Germans its ok? f*cking morons the lot of them :lol:

Rejects, man. :lol:

He was raving about Mbiwa, Gouffran & Haidara earlier this week.

To be fair he was the North West reporter for the Daily Express and wasn't asked specifically about our signings. Hickman who is the Express' NE correspondant only really spoke about Coloccini. I dont rate him either, always has a smug laugh about him, never give smuch decent info.

Ah is that right? I only tuned in half way through the interview. Fair play I suppose, it's the presenters fault for asking him questions he couldn't be expected to know the answers to.

How people can listen to that shite is beyond me, it's bad enough avoiding morons on here.

Fwiw as nt a huge fan of this French influx I'd have less of an issue if it was all foreign, strikes me as a little shortsighted is all but if it's the way we're gonna keep going I guess its not first team wise.

Guest Slippery Sam

Ince and Ratboy were both saying that all these Frenchies need to hit the ground running or it will all go tits up.  Errr, hello, it's all going Pete Tong already - there is nothing to lose with these lot at all imo.

Aye, Laurens always knows his fellow Frenchies and totally gets what's going on. TBF...Danny Kelly knows we're getting top talent in, too. The rest of them are English, inward looking simpletons. Very limited international knowledge.

tbf Laurens ought to considering he pundits the french league for ESPN (a feature I do like out of espn is the getting in of journos like him and Marcotti for Serie A who actually know what they're on about) but I do enjoy listening to him and Auclair

There's also some ridiculous "they're all French its bound to implode theories" being banded about :lol: Fuck me we've seen some poisonous, pathetic squad atmosphere's at NUFC in the past and there was probably only a couple of Frenchies in the side. Means nowtat the end of the day, pure speculation.

There's also some ridiculous "they're all French its bound to implode theories" being banded about :lol: Fuck me we've seen some poisonous, pathetic squad atmosphere's at NUFC in the past and there was probably only a couple of Frenchies in the side. Means nowtat the end of the day, pure speculation.

they seem to rather conveniently forget the great arsenal sides under wenger which had a strong french/francophone influence

It's a shame in a few days time the stupid football's going to get in the way of things. :(

I really wish our league position was a bit better so I wouldn't have to be so nervous for the rest of the season.

I really wish this last 3 weeks had began on August 1st. Wish the season would just end now and it was August.

Summer's going to be fun, we've bought half a team now we'll not buy anyone in the summer and this place will melt.

assuming all goes to plan and we finish well clear of relegation doubt we'll do much more than maybe another striker and cb (colo situation dependent) and the rest is just replace whatever's sold (may have done so already for Tiote in the imminent signing of Sissoko)

How people can listen to that s**** is beyond me, it's bad enough avoiding morons on here.

Fwiw as nt a huge fan of this French influx I'd have less of an issue if it was all foreign, strikes me as a little shortsighted is all but if it's the way we're gonna keep going I guess its not first team wise.

Seemingly the best place to get decent quality on the cheap. Easy to get business done quickly, flight over, talks, back, medical. All points to slimmest possible expenditure. Mike wouldn't have it any other way.