NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Fingers crossed the summer will see us upgrade on the likes of Williamson in terms of squad depth. Though if Colo leaves we'll need another first-choice centre-back.

the problem with upgrading Williamson as a squad cb is finding a better cb who's willing to be patient and sit on the bench, not easy or cheap.

Fingers crossed the summer will see us upgrade on the likes of Williamson in terms of squad depth. Though if Colo leaves we'll need another first-choice centre-back.

the problem with upgrading Williamson as a squad cb is finding a better cb who's willing to be patient and sit on the bench, not easy or cheap.

The best hope would be a youth player, but not sure about Tav tbh.

Someone big will go this summer I'm sure, if it makes us a large amount of profit and we invest it back in with signings like this I'll mind less. Unless it's ben arfa, when he's sold I will cry. Hopefully it'll be Tiote.

France & Spain is just the new Ireland & Scotland really. Obviously there's the language thing but still.

scotland I get but Ireland ??? if your reffering to the league then theres not much worth a damn over here trust me (and I have a season ticket to watch it)

The best hope would be a youth player, but not sure about Tav tbh.

From what i've heard in and around the club Streete is pencilled in for that role... Shame about his injuries...

France & Spain is just the new Ireland & Scotland really. Obviously there's the language thing but still.

scotland I get but Ireland ??? if your reffering to the league then theres not much worth a damn over here trust me (and I have a season ticket to watch it)

I mean that like in the 70s & 80s English clubs were filled with players from the home nations.

We will need another 'proper' striker and replace Colo if he goes. Other than that we are in a pretty healthy position. Especially if we sign Thauvin.

Do we? i'd be happy with another one like Gouffran who could play wide and through the middle, unless i misunderstand what you mean by proper striker.

I mean that like in the 70s & 80s English clubs were filled with players from the home nations.

ah sorry :thup:

We will need another 'proper' striker and replace Colo if he goes. Other than that we are in a pretty healthy position. Especially if we sign Thauvin.

Do we? i'd be happy with another one like Gouffran who could play wide and through the middle, unless i misunderstand what you mean by proper striker.

someone to keep Ameobi from starting I assume

Gouffran could easily not work out. He'll be welcome but I dunno if he's the real deal. If Cisse can find form again mind he's the real deal

I don't mean someone of Gouffran's level i mean a versatile striker with pace tbh, if we went and did that i can't see any more holes in the squad.

Really depends on Cisse finding his form again, that said even if he does if he gets injured we are technically a team of attacking midfielders.

I think Gouffran could surprise but I'm not willing to bet my house on it as it were.

PRESS SPOTTERS: Highlight any articles that gets the number players who can play for France at Newcastle mixed up with the number of French speakers at Newcastle.

Been annoying me all week that  :lol:

Really depends on Cisse finding his form again, that said even if he does if he gets injured we are technically a team of attacking midfielders.

Rings a bell.

Problem is our attacking midfielders are a little short in the goalscoring department compared to that Leonard Messy fella.

PRESS SPOTTERS: Highlight any articles that gets the number players who can play for France at Newcastle mixed up with the number of French speakers at Newcastle.

Been annoying me all week that  :lol:

They do a fucking wiki search & look at Bigirimana = born in Burundi = French speaker.

I'm starting to wonder whether there's any truth to these Van Wolfswinkel rumors not only have 2 papers in Portugal reported on it but Voetbal International ‎are claiming we have interest too.....

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/234644/International-Van-Wolfswinkel-in-beeld-bij-diverse-clubs.htm

I think it's unlikely but also not unrealistic. The prices for players in January might be less expensive than the Summer when no doubt they will be inflated because of the new TV deal. Gouffran is more of a replacement for Best/Lovenkrands meaning Ba has still not been replaced. Whether MA agrees with this or opens his wallet yet again is another matter.

If the price is right I could see this happening, we scouted him a lot before his move to Portugal. I am sure we are also looking at doing the same with Aubemayeng though who would surely be the preference for his versatility.

Obviously we wont get rid of Shola. But we need four decent strikers.. Cisse, Gouffran and two more makes sense for next September.  Campbell wont be ready. Ranger and Xisco are done, really you would hope Shola would be too.  RVW and Cisse can play similar roles but might also work together, Aubemayeng and Gouffran could fit into the side in several different places. So we would be nicely covered.

I'd happily wait until the summer if it meant we could bring Aubameyang in. I'd much rather we went for him than Van Wolfswinkel, as signing the latter will just give us the exact same problems as when Ba was here. Whereas if we sign Aubameyang he is able to play anywhere along the front line and is blessed with an abundance of pace and skill.