NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

at least now with premership status secured we can start taking this thread seriously (or as is the norm, start getting wildly excited about unlikley targets).

was awful listening to rumours knowing fine well we could possibly be in the championship next season.

We need more fire power, Cisse isn't enough, if Dortmund are serious I'd be quite tempted to sell him for a decent return buy Carroll and that fast kid playing for st. Ettiene.

Guest neesy111

We have to spend in the summer as everyone else with the new TV deal will have to or get left behind.

We need more fire power, Cisse isn't enough, if Dortmund are serious I'd be quite tempted to sell him for a decent return buy Carroll and that fast kid playing for st. Ettiene.

Ban this sick filth.

No way Steven Taylor is leaving. Nah, no way.

If Coloccini was staying I'd honestly ship Taylor out the first chance I got. Can imagine that would be an unpopular opinion but he's just no good to us, even if he plays reasonably well when fit. Having him in the squad has held us back in the CB department for years; because - for the vast majority of his career - he's been either average or injured (with the odd spell of admittedly very decent form), meaning we've had to play shite like Williamson.

We've had worse CB 'squads' in my time supporting us (Souness/Roeder time :anguish:) but I wouldn't be against a bit of an overhaul. Even if Colo goes, in Mapou it looks like we've got someone we can build the whole defense around.

We've got some serious work to do if Colo leaves, we're gonna need at least two of first team quality.

Its hard to gauge how good Mbiwa is and we don't know if Colo is staying (probably isn't), therefore I'm still not sure centre back wise.

We need one, regardless.

Its hard to gauge how good Mbiwa is and we don't know if Colo is staying (probably isn't), therefore I'm still not sure centre back wise.

We need one, regardless.

Taylor, Mbiwa, Williamson

Rubbish, absolutely rubbish.

Need a striker above all else, Cisse unfortunately has proven this season as a link-up man he's not up to the job. Our attacking looks so poor as there's no focal point to it. It's only since Ba left I realised quite how good he was; the way he brought other players into the game (especially Cisse at the tail end of last season) made us a massively different side. If we persist in playing a system which relies on crossing and a direct style, we need someone who has the ability to hold up the ball, lay it off and make decent attacking runs.

Need a striker above all else, Cisse unfortunately has proven this season as a link-up man he's not up to the job. Our attacking looks so poor as there's no focal point to it. It's only since Ba left I realised quite how good he was; the way he brought other players into the game (especially Cisse at the tail end of last season) made us a massively different side. If we persist in playing a system which relies on crossing and a direct style, we need someone who has the ability to hold up the ball, lay it off and make decent attacking runs.

We were fucking dire in the four months before Ba left. Even worse than of late.

We were f***ing dire in the four months before Ba left. Even worse than of late.

I'd be inclined say that was down to Pardew attempting to play Cisse on the right-hand side which was essentially like playing with 10 men. Plus by that stage Ba had made it clear he wanted to leave and was playing more for himself than the team. Also if you look at our results, they weren't as bad as recently - although I'd agree at no point really, even with Ba this season or last, have we played particularly high quality football.

Worst thing that happened to this team was beating Man Utd 3-0 last season with an ultra direct style. Since that day it seems that's essentially become 'Plan A'.

We need one, regardless.

Mbiwa will be a top player for us, Taylor is alright. We need a CB I agree, I would go for a young one if Colo stays.

We definitely need a striker with more about him than Cisse, purely down to the diabolical manager we have in charge, as he has no clue about how to play in order to consistently create the kind of opportunities Cisse would thrive on.

We essentially need a Benteke, Kone, Lukaku or Carroll type, just to give some examples of the sort already in the prem.

Would still like to have cisse in the fold, but I honestly don't know if it's worth it. We aren't maximising his abilities. It sucks.

We need one, regardless.

Mbiwa will be a top player for us, Taylor is alright. We need a CB I agree, I would go for a young one if Colo stays.

I like Mbiwa a lot, but those three as our centre half depth would be terrible.