NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Spearing has been really good for us actually.

You guys are signing Trent Sainsbury from Central Coast, he looks the goods I think. Popovic has probably told Freedman about him. Strong, quick ball playing centre back.

Excellent. It appears we have a scouting system at last! Didn't Jedinak come from Central Coast too?

Spearing has been really good for us actually.

You guys are signing Trent Sainsbury from Central Coast, he looks the goods I think. Popovic has probably told Freedman about him. Strong, quick ball playing centre back.

Excellent. It appears we have a scouting system at last! Didn't Jedinak come from Central Coast too?

He did, though he joined Crystal Palace from the Turkish league. I know Ian Holloway and Dougie Freedman rave about him. Holloway claiming he's a premiership player and one of the best he's worked with. Personally I don't see it. He's a big lad, who can tackle and has a good shot. For me his passing ability is shit house. Telling you this as I assume you might be in for him as well.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Jay 'Danny Guthrie' Spearing.

One has plenty of grit but very little ability, the other has loads of it but a heart the size of a pea.

I love how the French seem to be getting the blame yet I can't remember Harper, Taylor, Duff, Owen, Smith, Barton, Nolan, etc. being roundly criticised last time we went down?

Quite a few papers ran with it at the same time which suggests it was leaked from within.

Guest Roger Kint

Who is Brown Ideye and is he any good? Never heard of him  ???

According to Dennis Wise he is a half price Balotelli, would be canny alongside Cisse if we stayed up and decided to spend £10m :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

most irrelevant thread at the moment

Not really, outgoing transfer rumours still are :lol:

According to Dennis Wise he is a half price Balotelli, would be canny alongside Cisse if we stayed up and decided to spend £10m :lol:

Awesome name.

I can't wait for us to get a new manager, like. We're going to be fucking amazing!

I'd take competent.

Not for long. :lol:

What?

Sorry. I meant that you'd not 'take' us being merely 'competent' for very long.

I don't know, I'm just not comfortable with statements, in nearly every thread, about how a new manager will automatically flick some switch to help us realise our potential. I've lost count of the amount of players who'd be world beaters under a competent manager. It's not, and obviously never has been, that simple.

How do you know how long I would or wouldn't accept competency?

I didn't make one of those statements, I said HBA would be great under good management, and I stand by that.

Just a guess, mate. It was just a bit of craic really, nothing definitive. But, you're obviously harder to please than the majority, after not enjoying a season when we finished fifth. It didn't seem like too much of a leap to come to that conclusion.

I wasn't trying to place the 'player x will be the best under a better manager' entirely on you, though. So apologies if it appeared that way.

I immensely enjoyed that season, trust me  :pardsgrin: I was just worried about the football we played because I didn't think it was taking us anywhere long term. That said I completely embraced Pardew by the end of the season and said so, only to end up back where I started a few months in to this season due to various reasons.

I just didn't like the insinuation that I wouldn't be happy with a reasonable level of performance because I was worried about where the style of play would take us (and rightly so, as it turns out). If we'd performed reasonably this season I'd still be pissing and moaning about the football (as I was last season) but I don't think I'd be as balls out livid with him as I am now  :undecided:

edit - I'm also prone to making hyperbolic statements about HBA, because i love him and I'll be gutted if he leaves.

That's all fair enough. As I said, it wasn't a nasty dig, but rather a bit of craic (I'm desperately trying not to use the word banter here). I don't remember peoples posts from last year really, so was just going off what's been said recently. If I've misread that, then it's fine. People are understandably tetchy at the moment, so I should know better. I even managed to offend a couple of lads I wasn't talking to there! :lol:

:thup:

My fellow countryman. Good player.

Tore it up in France before foolishly moving to Ukraine, which annoyed me.

Anyway I could well believe we're interested after missing out on Remy.

Similar in style to Remy and Aubameyang, in that he has pace and athleticism and can play upront or on the right in a similar way. Like O said also had success in France previously.

Might be an alternative option if Aubameyang doesn't come to fruition.