NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Wow where the fuck did that quote come from? Direct quote to sky sports? Or have they been sitting on and old quote and waited for a reason to use it or are things actually happening?

I would be shocked (but over the moon) if we got PEA. Would transform our attack and give everyone connected to the club a massive boost. Not sure we need Zouma though (if it is true).

Although I don't think these two will happen, how did you come to the conclusion that we don't need Zouma? Is it the long list of top 18 year old players we have or the vast array of quality centre halfs we have?

We obviously need a CB but I wouldn't blow what seems to be the rest of the budget on one. We already have 3 first team CBs atm (providing Taylor stays fit). Zouma would rightly expect to start every week - would prefer a creative winger/forward type first.

We obviously need a CB but I wouldn't blow what seems to be the rest of the budget on one. We already have 3 first team CBs atm (providing Taylor stays fit). Zouma would rightly expect to start every week - would prefer a creative winger/forward type first.

I'm not quite sure we do; Taylor, Colo and MYM seems enough to me if we are struggling budget wise i'd much rather sign an attacking midfielder and winger before a CB.

Obviously striker before anything else.

Zouma would be someone who's ready for the first team but would probably accept the fact he's not first choice this season. Then he'd be in a position to take over from Coloccini. If there's a genuine chance we can get him now we should go all out.

Guest bimpy474

Going with Taylor, Colo and MYM would mean we haven't learnt a thing. Taylor injury record should mean that's a immediate no go option.

I agree we need a CB. If the rumour is true (unlikely imo) spending £10m on him and likely finishing off the kitty is not very sensible. Could get Remy (and maybe Sakho as he is in the last year of his contract) for around that. Still, if Ashley has gone mad and has decided to back JFK with a massive budget bring it on!

Going with Taylor, Colo and MYM would mean we haven't learnt a thing. Taylor injury record should mean that's a immediate no go option.

Still needs Taylor and Colo or MYM to go down..... its hardly the same thing.

We at least have 3 quality players in the position, we have 1 quality striker, no quality wingers and 1 quality AM who is injury prone.

It would be far from my list of priorities personally.

Guest bimpy474

Still needs Taylor and Colo or MYM to go down..... its hardly the same thing.

We at least have 3 quality players in the position, we have 1 quality striker, no quality wingers and 1 quality AM who is injury prone.

It would be far from my list of priorities personally.

Mental to go with them three, if you include Saylor, he will get an injury, his past record tells you that. All you need is for Colo or MYM to get a longish term injury and were back to the Williamson scenario.

No idea what to do, just saying i think if you include Saylor in the three it's just too risky.

I agree we need a CB. If the rumour is true (unlikely imo) spending £10m on him and likely finishing off the kitty is not very sensible. Could get Remy (and maybe Sakho as he is in the last year of his contract) for around that. Still, if Ashley has gone mad and has decided to back JFK with a massive budget bring it on!

I'd imagine signing Remy is unlikely while he has a rape charge hanging over him.

Leroy Fer linked in the Twente press, Tubantia. Got 12 goals last season and almost joined Everton in January. A crazy idea - if we got £20m for Cabaye and brought in PEA, Zouma and Fer would anyone take it?

Leroy Fer linked in the Twente press, Tubantia. Got 12 goals last season and almost joined Everton in January. A crazy idea - if we got £20m for Cabaye and brought in PEA, Zouma and Fer would anyone take it?

Article on their site suggests we are one of the interested parties, but Norwich are favourites to sign him.

Let's keep Cabaye and sign all 3