NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Its madness that people would start watching French football around the same time all our signing come from there. Almost as though theres a connection  :hmm:

Yes average , where would the 5th place team in the French League finish in England, Germany or Spain.

And my point is that I am just amazed at the knowledge of some people on here have on French football 

Surely average is relative to the sample set being referred to? Therefore, in a league of 20, 5th is not average. And to be once place of CL spots is not average either.

Guest chopey

It must just be me then by the time I've been to the match and then watched a Spanish game on Saturday night (so I don't have to watch x factor) then maybe a championship game followed by more premiership and la liga games on Sunday I don't have time for the obscure French games.

Yes average , where would the 5th place team in the French League finish in England, Germany or Spain.

And my point is that I am just amazed at the knowledge of some people on here have on French football 

This is horrible reasoning.

It must just be me then by the time I've been to the match and then watched a Spanish game on Saturday night (so I don't have to watch x factor) then maybe a championship game followed by more premiership and la liga games on Sunday I don't have time for the obscure French games.

St. Ettiene v Lyon is no more obscure than Valencia v Osasuna

People watch different leagues, I know people who watch more Serie A than La Liga, it's not uncommon.

Lightweight TBH.

Guest Roger Kint

People watch different leagues, I know people who watch more Serie A than La Liga, it's not uncommon.

I do tbh. Admittedly its down to it being on ESPN early doors on a Sunday afternoon when i get to the pub before the Premier League games start and not being capable of seeing by the time La Liga kicks off :lol:

He does kind of have a point in fairness to him. There's far too many self proclaimed European football experts on here.

I'd say there is also a lot of people on here who watch a lot of football. Remember if you bet on a match then you automatically qualify to watch it online with most decent bookies. plus the fact ESPN have some French football as well as review programmes.

He does kind of have a point in fairness to him. There's far too many self proclaimed European football experts on here.

But at the same time a lot of people have been following French football more closely due to our signings predominately coming from there.  He says he might watch a couple of la liga matches a week.  Well then it's more than feasible for someone to watch a couple of ligue 1 matches a week instead.

Surely average is relative to the sample set being referred to? Therefore, in a league of 20, 5th is not average. And to be once place of CL spots is not average either.

Chopey sure has trouble with the concept of 'relative'. :lol:

Don't see anyone who proclaims to be an European expert here either. You can still watch the occasional match or see where they had been all season to have some ideas.

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Chopey sure has trouble with the concept of 'relative'. :lol:

Don't see anyone who proclaims to be an European expert here either. You can still watch the occasional match or see where they had been all season to have some ideas.

Even the Daily Star shows the table and full results/scorers each week for those with a passing interest

Even the Daily Star shows the table and full results/scorers each week for those with a passing interest

I stayed up to watch St Etienne on the rare occasions too, although admittedly more for a look at PEA. :lol:

Plenty of misconceptions this lad has.

Guest Roger Kint

I stayed up to watch St Etienne on the rare occasions too, although admittedly more for a look at PEA. :lol:

Remember watching that Marseille cup game when we wanted Remy. Longest 120 minutes of my life :lol:

Remember watching that Marseille cup game when we wanted Remy. Longest 120 minutes of my life :lol:

The one where Harry was in the stands and Remy snubbed meeting him after the game? Things were so hopeful then :lol:.

The one with saggy face in the stands? Remy was pretty average that day tbh. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

The one with saggy face in the stands? Remy was pretty average that day tbh. :lol:

Aye that one. 120 minutes to find out Barton is better than most French reserve players :lol:

Who can honestly say they watch that much French football that he stood out in a St Etienne team that was average last year.

Won their first cup in 30 odd years as well.

I too know absolutely nothing about him, although saying you have to live in France to have an opinion on him is pretty funny, and gay.

Considering how much french football is on tv / streams now I agree with that, some people have probably watched him

Aye, I'd bet there's more access to German, Spanish, French and Italian football on Sky and ESPN now, as there was to English football pre-Sky.

Football hipsters.

True hipsters watch South American football :cool: