NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I reckon Elliot is fine as no2.

Same but I wouldn't argue against us signing a highly rated young keeper (I know little about Alnwick).

Spose, Krul wont hang about here much longer anyway.

I reckon Elliot is fine as no2.

Same but I wouldn't argue against us signing a highly rated young keeper (I know little about Alnwick).

Spose, Krul wont hang about here much longer anyway.

Why? He's close to being, if not will be, Dutch number 1 and he's been here for a long time without complaint?

Good move if not to replace Krul. Let's face it, as much as we all wanted Elliot to succeed, he looked a liability at times last season.  WBA away springs immediately to mind.

Guest WashyGeordie

Here we go....

Newcastle set to buy Jeroen Zoet from PSV Eindhoven to be keeper Krul's understudy

9 Jul 2013 22:30     

Holland U21 international will presented to manager Alan Pardew as a done deal by Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley

Newcastle are swooping for PSV Eindhoven keeper Jeroen Zoet in a deal set up by new supremo Joe Kinnear.

Holland Under-21 international Zoet, who has spent the last two seasons out on loan at PSV's Dutch rivals RKC Waalwijk, is heading for Tyneside after the clubs thrashed out a £2.5 million fee.

The 22-year-old will be understudy for fellow Dutchman Tim Krul, but his arrival may increase the chances of the Geordies' highly-rated number one being sold.

The transfer is the idea of Kinnear and owner Mike Ashley - manager Alan Pardew is being handed the shot-stopper as a done deal.

Zoet’s imminent capture will raise doubts about the future of Rob Eliot, who stood in for the injured Krul over the final weeks of last season.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-jeroen-zoet-psv-2041364#ixzz2YaSLTArO

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Never heard of him!

:shifty:

Guest bimpy474

We have to thank him for them saves at West Ham though. Arguably kept us in the league.

Granted - and then got sent off at QPR

With a bad decision, hardly his fault like. By the way i'm not sticking up for him, just in that instance. He is far from being good enough at all. Rather like his manager, league one is his level.

Guest bimpy474

Reading the slant in the story, it's written to stir shit. They just can't help themselves.

We have to thank him for them saves at West Ham though. Arguably kept us in the league.

Granted - and then got sent off at QPR

True, he's no Krul but he's more than capable imo.