NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Gouffran is fine wide of a front three IMO, not Marv though. We need to sign a wide player, but I doubt we'll get more than one.

Gouffran doesn't create anything or score many from out there, so he clearly isn't fine.

It's too early to conclude that IMO.

Not that I expect any of players to be given any time like.

Gouffran is fine wide of a front three IMO, not Marv though. We need to sign a wide player, but I doubt we'll get more than one.

Gouffran doesn't create anything or score many from out there, so he clearly isn't fine.

Not writing him off but he's not a wide forward imo. Not in the PL.

I've a lot of time for his effort but we don't really play a 4-3-3, we play more like a 4-5-1 and he doesn't really offer much as LW. Doesn't dribble, doesn't cross. They're not really his attributes.

I've a lot of time for his effort but we don't really play a 4-3-3, we play more like a 4-5-1 and he doesn't really offer much as LW. Doesn't dribble, doesn't cross. They're not really his attributes.

Fair point actually, as a wide midfielder he isn't as good as a wide forward.

We'll see, I'm not saying he was brilliant. But he's positive, he works hard, seems intelligent, has decent pace. I think he has a chance.

Anyway, we still need another wide forward.

I think if we played as a 4-4-2 he could work as a striker that works the channels, offers and outball, etc. Just don't think we have the midfield for that though.

We'll see, I'm not saying he was brilliant. But he's positive, he works hard, seems intelligent, has decent pace. I think he has a chance.

I think if we played as a 4-4-2 he could work as a striker that works the channels, offers and outball, etc. Just don't think we have the midfield for that though.

Aye, we don't have the midfield for a 4-4-2 really, I like the protection and extra solidity of a 3 anyway. Will be interesting to see how it goes... over to Pards! :/

Playing wide left in a 4-3-3 with a manager who encourages free flowing football with lots of movement and energy he'd be more than adequate for where we are at the moment. I find it amazing he managed to score a couple of goals due to our lack of attacking play.

I'm loathe to write a lot of our players off due to the fuckwit in charge of the team.

ding ding ding ding ding...

The players aren't the weakest link in the chain by a fucking mile.

100% :thup:

Someone like Bent would be far more of a consistent goal threat, though.

100% :thup:

Someone like Bent would be far more of a consistent goal threat, though.

Personally, i'd like to give Cisse another season before i made that judgement but you could be right...

If people don't want Gouff as a wide forward, where do they want him to play next season? Am i correctly assuming majority would like to see him on the bench?

Personally thought he did a decent enough job as a wide forward, wasn’t expecting anything spectacular but thought he adapted well to the role. His work rate was exceptional, chipped in with a couple of goals but would expect him to score more this season.

Gouffran comes off the bench for me. Within the current setup he's probably a starter but if/when we add another forward - either a Remy type, Bent or both - he drops to the bench.

And yes, getting the best out of Cisse is still a high priority.

Been away for 4 days, can I assume that nothing has happened here?

Nothing has happened, just the usual guys debating the usual topics and no solid info/rumours

I'd come back in a week

I'm loathe to write a lot of our players off due to the fuckwit in charge of the team.

Right answer. You see lots of 'player x can't play in a wide position' or whatever but to say that on the basis of our current management is silly imo.

If people don't want Gouff as a wide forward, where do they want him to play next season? Am i correctly assuming majority would like to see him on the bench?

Personally thought he did a decent enough job as a wide forward, wasn’t expecting anything spectacular but thought he adapted well to the role. His work rate was exceptional, chipped in with a couple of goals but would expect him to score more this season.

He still looks like a striker playing out wide to me. Yes he did a good job, but he isn't going to offer the type of delivery a genuine wide player would. He needs to be judged as a striker for me.