NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

There won't be any other targets beyond the 3 of them. If we miss out on them we will just wait til January and do with what we have.

Point is there is still time to look elsewhere, two more weeks of chasing a lower fee for Gomis and there is less options. Carr will have lists of players we could go for, it doesn't just have to be one of these 3. I'd like to see Gomis come in, but not at the cost of signing no one this summer, I think the club will have other targets and if Lyon don't lower soon then we've got to go back to the list and start looking further down it.

We never have that many targets, just look at what happened two seasons ago with the Gameiro, Maiga palaver.

There won't be any other targets beyond the 3 of them. If we miss out on them we will just wait til January and do with what we have.

Point is there is still time to look elsewhere, two more weeks of chasing a lower fee for Gomis and there is less options. Carr will have lists of players we could go for, it doesn't just have to be one of these 3. I'd like to see Gomis come in, but not at the cost of signing no one this summer, I think the club will have other targets and if Lyon don't lower soon then we've got to go back to the list and start looking further down it.

We never have that many targets, just look at what happened two seasons ago with the Gameiro, Maiga palaver.

Gamiero, maiga, Cisse, ba, erdinc....we got ba that summer and Cisse in the winter if I'm reading the timescale correctly. You don't know what else we had on that list as well, Carroll never stopped being a target, sure we were linked with another realistic one as well that summer.

Edit: Ruiz bid last day  :lol:

Edit: wanted odemwinge early in the window

You know how this club works. We missed out on Debuchy and just conveniently fell back on what we have, hoping for more favourable terms in January or the following summer. Same thing happened with Luuk De Jong too. He rejected us and our plan B was to depend on Shola again. We are pretty darn stubborn on the targets we have. I highly doubt there will be a 4th option we will be keen to pursue.

You know how this club works. We missed out on Debuchy and just conveniently fell back on what we have, hoping for more favourable terms in January or the following summer. Same thing happened with Luuk De Jong too. He rejected us and our plan B was to depend on Shola again. We are pretty darn stubborn on the targets we have. I highly doubt there will be a 4th option we will be keen to pursue.

There will be if all 3 fell through right now.

I think we all know what the club is like, all I'm saying we still have a chance to change targets, that fades as the window goes on.

In terms of negotiation it is actually far better for us to have a history of being stubborn like. At the start clubs will look to call your bluff, if they realise theres no bluff to call as we've shown previously that puts us in a much stronger position when a player wants to join us.

I had a look y'day and there aren't many other French players with a year to go on their contract about tbf to NUFC.

In terms of negotiation it is actually far better for us to have a history of being stubborn like. At the start clubs will look to call your bluff, if they realise theres no bluff to call as we've shown previously that puts us in a much stronger position when a player wants to join us.

It has got us some class deals, no arguing with that. The downside, obviously, is missing out on players we might need.

Can't say I really disagree with the approach that much, better than being taken for a mug.

Guest Phil K

Has Darth Kinnear got any servant stormtroopers to assist in the service to Emperor Ashley since Harford said "NO !!!" ?

Because he's doing Sweet FA in the transfer front

Guess we will have to wait until Sunday as that seems to be the day news usually happens. God knows what we will have in store though and it is more likely to be a hasbeen to help JFK's very difficult work than a new signing.

Guest chopey

I get the impression now that we wont sign anyone and just go with what we have and then reassess it in January

I get the impression now that we wont sign anyone and just go with what we have and then reassess it in January

We do have a record of releasing players in the summer and then making deals in january...Not sure if its to balance the books for the financial year end or not.  But we have done it a couple of times.

To go into the season with just Cisse and Gouffran as our forward two, is risky as fuck.

French press saying we're nowhere near, SSN saying we're making offers and in talks.

I'm just gonna ride with ssn, sick of being fed up this summer thinking about this club.  :lol: