NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Vuckic seems close to completing a move out on loan, destination still unknown, shame really as i thought he would've been useful as an option especially considering he can actually play football and not run around like a headless chicken.

Happy with that, needs to stay fit and get some games under his belt.

We don't have a quality squad. Our best players have glaring weaknesses. It's a short side. No real width. No real power. No real aerial ability. It is made all the worse with a manager who doesn't realise this.

Sissoko has some power when he drives forward, when used in the correct position/setup anyway.  We could certainly do with some more, like a striker with power and aerial ability (preferably someone who's also decent on the ground like Gomis).  But I agree with AlanSkärare that our biggest weakness by far isn't the quality of our players but the quality of our manager.

Also Pardew has no idea what's going on and talks shit, so I don't even bother reading his comments let alone putting any stock in them.

I really believe Pardew is on borrowed time here so he doesn't concern me too much, plus when things are all going right for him he can bore enough points out of teams so if we get enough players in he should do okay.

My biggest concern is it goes wrong, he gets the boot and his replacement is already at the club..  :undecided:

I really believe Pardew is on borrowed time here so he doesn't concern me too much, plus when things are all going right for him he can bore enough points out of teams so if we get enough players in he should do okay.

My biggest concern is it goes wrong, he gets the boot and his replacement is already at the club..  :undecided:

Shola Ameobi:Player/Manager  Newcastle United :crazy2:

Vuckic seems close to completing a move out on loan, destination still unknown, shame really as i thought he would've been useful as an option especially considering he can actually play football and not run around like a headless chicken.

Needs more games that you'll give him. It's a bit of a last chance saloon for him. He needs a full season playing regularly.

Where has the loan move been reported?

edit: just seen the quotes: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-youngster-set-for-loan-1-5943672

“When players are away on international duty, it’s difficult to do a transfer,” Pardew said.

“I think there’ll be hardly any activity this week.

“All the managers will accept this is what they have this week, and will go with the teams they have.

“They’ll look towards the end of the window, and look at the first three Premier League games and see if they need to make an incision in that market to improve the team.”

It's really happening again.

That is absolutely pathetic.

“When players are away on international duty, it’s difficult to do a transfer,” Pardew said.

“All the managers will accept this is what they have this week, and will go with the teams they have.

“They’ll look towards the end of the window, and look at the first three Premier League games and see if they need to make an incision in that market to improve the team.”

I doubt any of our targets are on international duty, Sinclair, Gomis, Bent don't think they have been called up but can't be arsed to check.

Guest reefatoon

I doubt any of our targets are on international duty, Sinclair, Gomis, Bent don't think they have been called up but can't be arsed to check.

We managed to sign Cisse while he was away on African Nations duty. Flew him in and straight back out with no trouble at all.  Just needs to keep his gob shut.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Basically they aren't backing him again and he needs to say something. Maybe if we're in trouble in January again Ashley will get behind his man.

He'll be sacked before then. They aren't fully backing him now, because they don't trust him as a manager. It will take a miraculous run of results for him to still be in charge by January IMO.

Agree with that, the very fact that JFK has been brought in says it all.

Wait, I just remembered JK saying we'd first land a couple of strikers before moving on to the other areas of the team that need improving.

Could that be causing some of the hold up?

So, what he is implying is that all our targets are on international duty?