NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

So we're one week before the opening weekend and we've brought in one player on loan. Remy is obviously talented but he'll have taken no part whatsoever in the friendly matches and very little part in our six week pre-season programme. Anyone else we sign now won't even have that.

Great work guys, great work. Guess we'll have saved on wages which is the most important thing.

This has likely been posted verbatim on an Arsenal board, but swapping about Sanogo for Remy.

So we're one week before the opening weekend and we've brought in one player on loan. Remy is obviously talented but he'll have taken no part whatsoever in the friendly matches and very little part in our six week pre-season programme. Anyone else we sign now won't even have that.

Great work guys, great work. Guess we'll have saved on wages which is the most important thing.

This has likely been posted verbatim on an Arsenal board, but swapping about Sanogo for Remy.

Ah right, no problem then.

It's pretty much identical to last year's summer window, actually. One senior player in, a few squad players gone.

Yeah but

Pardew said: "Myself, Mike and Derek all agree we should have bought one more senior player in here. For whatever reason, it did not happen. We have learnt from that"

It's pretty much identical to last year's summer window, actually. One senior player in, a few squad players gone.

Yeah but

Pardew said: "Myself, Mike and Derek all agree we should have bought one more senior player in here. For whatever reason, it did not happen. We have learnt from that"

Silly Derek. Bye bye Derek.

I think it's a mix of the squad being fairly acceptable (before Remy we had Anita, Gouffran, Debuchy, Sissoko, Haidara and MYM on top of what we had this time last summer) and apathy has hit the vast majority. We were basically told in January we had brought signings forward so most were probably resigned to a quiet window already.

Last summer we had just finished in an unexpectedly high position and it looked like we had a good chance to really kick on so there was more frustration that we had signed a player in a position we didn't desperately need as opposed to right back, centre back etc..

I think it's a mix of the squad being fairly acceptable (before Remy we had Anita, Gouffran, Debuchy, Sissoko, Haidara and MYM on top of what we had this time last summer) and apathy has hit the vast majority. We were basically told in January we had brought signings forward so most were probably resigned to a quiet window already.

Last summer we had just finished in an unexpected position and it looked like we had a good chance to really kick on so there was more frustration that we had signed a player in a position we didn't desperately need as opposed to right back, centre back etc..

A shocking admittance from the club this. Basically telling us they didnt plan on bringing anyone in for a whole season apart from Anita.

Guest Roger Kint

It's one of the worst transfer windows in my time following the club yet nobody seems arsed. This has become the norm and we all lap it up as usual.

Maybe we just dont feel the need to say it 100 times a day? Of course people are arsed and no fucker is lapping anything up unless you see something the rest of us dont? As i gave up my ticket last time the owner fucked us over i cant do anything about it but sit here anyway. Would you be happier if everyone whinged non stop to show you we care? :lol:

I think we'll labour around 11th-17th all season, with or without new signings. I couldn't really even give a shit about Remy, beyond the relief it will keep Shola out the side more often than not. Which is crazy cos in any other time i'd be buzzing over the fact we've signed a cracking player. It really is difficult to care that much when we've got a manager incapable of achieving anything beyond the bare minimum expectations of the utterly unambitious ownership. I'm just looking forward to the intensity of matchday again and the return of football in general. Obviously, I want Newcastle to win every game but my hopes are as low as they've ever been.

I came into this one hoping for at least a striker and a winger, both of whom would be comfortably first-team material, regardless of what went out. I'd have liked them in before pre-season training got underway so they had a chance to settle into the area, get to know their teammates and undergo the same rigorous training as everyone else in the squad seems to have done. Naturally this would have meant they'd have been available for selection come the City game all being well, and that old Pards would've had some semblance of an idea of what his best XI looked like and how they'd play by then too.

Obviously there's still a chance we'll end up with what I'd hoped for in the end, because Remy definitely fulfills the first part of my criteria, but we have again failed to address the second part of it. Getting them in early isn't necessarily the be-all, end-all as we've signed plenty in August who've gone on to do alright, but for once it would be nice to have everything done and dusted by the time the season got underway.

I still hold out hope that we'll see the back of Amalfitano, Gosling, Obertan and Shola before the window is out and that we'll get another striker and winger in as well like, but then I'm always daftly optimistic.

Oh agreed, its utterly frustrating all the same that we labour. Another depressing thought is a Carroll style late bid for one of our big players and Ashley taking the money with nee time left.

Fwiw I think we probably will make one or two more signings - not out of blind optimism, I just think we'll get someone else even if it's our 3rd/4th/5th-choice 'last resort' target. My main issue is that I don't believe it'll make a great deal of difference. We'll be nowhere near the top 6, which is probably the ceiling of this squad's potential.

The window still has plenty of time left and the dynamics of it change as it gets closer to crunch time. I'm pretty sure we'll get at least another one in, perhaps two. I'd be satisfied if Gomis was the only other to come in, happy if we brought in a winger as well.

Fwiw I think we probably will make one or two more signings - not out of blind optimism, I just think we'll get someone else even if it's our 3rd/4th/5th-choice 'last resort' target. My main issue is that I don't believe it'll make a great deal of difference. We'll be nowhere near the top 6, which is probably the ceiling of this squad's potential.

Same, not even sure why. :lol:

As far as finishing in the table goes, all i want is good football now i have accepted we are not going to do anything substantial so it would be nice if we see some nice stuff instead.

But that's never going to happen is it.