NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/la-premier-league-le-llama-20130809.html

No idea what the original source is but that says we've held talks with Besiktas already.

The Newcastle United is seeking to strengthen its team for the start of the season 2013/2014 and that is why their leaders have begun talks with Besiktas responsible because they want to gain the services of Manuel Fernandes.

The Portuguese player is an experienced futolista happened, among other teams, Valencia CF. You can now start a new journey in his career if finally and Newcastle Besiktas reached an agreement for his transfer.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.sabah.com.tr/Spor/Futbol/2013/08/11/tamamen-duygusal

Something about us, West Ham and Manuel Fernandes. Google Translate on my phone only does so many words and I can't make head or tale of it.

I think this is about the same as the other report.

Fernandes spent great efforts to extend the agreement for the management of Besiktas, the last one-week period, the transfer was a favorite! Before this process, Lokomotiv Moscow, then West Ham United, Newcastle United's Portuguese star finally appeared in the European press reports that wants to. Fernandes and manager of the black-and-white club negotiations continued in this direction, left to mind the question to be discussed allegations.

Guest bimpy474

Both articles a couple of days old. Surprised not mentioned in our press but could be bollocks.

Be nice if there's some truth in it, good player like.

Guest Roger Kint

Used to like him at Everton. Would be fantastic if it was to take Tiote's place rather than Cabaye's though.

Was just about to ask if it was the same bloke. Was a canny player for them but would be disappointed if he was the only player in(to replace Cabaye if he left)

Sadly i think we are signing nobody,our main transfer business was done in january.Remy has come in to replace Ba and that will be it.If Cabaye does leave Pardshit will use Tiote and Sissoko in the middle as per yesterdays first half.

Yeah if we bring in Gomis or a good winger than even Pardew shouldn't be able to get us finishing bottom half (hopefully :shifty:).  Both and we'd have a very good squad IMO.

A winger and a striker who can hold the ball up would both be good additions. Even if we can't get Gomis, a Best type of signing to give us an alternative would be better than nothing. At least if Pardew is going to be the manager for the foreseeable future.

Excuses thread humour aside, Pardew's latest snippet seems to provide spoilers of our future in advance of the transfer window "slamming shut" and confirm the suspicion/fear regarding our January splurging this year - that it was not spending purely to rectify not investing adequately in the summer of 2012, but to cover the summer of 2013 investment too.

Enough is being invested to keep us in the league and no more, I fear.

Excuses thread humour aside, Pardew's latest snippet seems to provide spoilers of our future in advance of the transfer window "slamming shut" and confirm the suspicion/fear regarding our January splurging this year - that it was not spending purely to rectify not investing adequately in the summer of 2012, but to cover the summer of 2013 investment too.

We have a really messed up policy tbh, we signed Cisse and moved a forward who was scoring goals for fun into a position where he was far less effective then in the summer we signed a player who the manager clearly isn't really sure how to use and a youngster.

The Cisse signing really threw me and I am still not sure what Ashley wants. We would have been comfortably up without him and our history doesn't really shout proactive. Maybe there were strong talks of Ba leaving that January then for whatever reason it didn't happen so we signed a player we 'didn't need' which still seems far too sensible for us :dontknow:

We have a really messed up policy tbh, we signed Cisse and moved a forward who was scoring goals for fun into a position where he was far less effective then in the summer we signed a player who the manager clearly isn't really sure how to use and a youngster.

The Cisse signing really threw me and I am still not sure what Ashley wants. We would have been comfortably up without him and our history doesn't really shout proactive. Maybe there were strong talks of Ba leaving that January then for whatever reason it didn't happen so we signed a player we 'didn't need' which still seems far too sensible for us :dontknow:

I think our policy revolves around a simple "value for money" premise, or at least it certainly did when Llambias was here. We've got a budget, we're going to do everything we can to perform to the best of our ability while stringently sticking to our financial limits. Get players for free and/or from France (where the wages are low and the tax is high), or take advantage of contract wrangles and release clauses.

To be fair we've ended up with a surprisingly decent squad considering the circumstances we seem to move for players in, although I was hoping after some of the post-season talk in May/June about "lessons learned" that we'd be seeing a slight shift towards plugging the imbalances that have naturally arisen. Silly me.

I think our policy revolves around a simple "value for money" premise, or at least it certainly did when Llambias was here. We've got a budget, we're going to do everything we can to perform to the best of our ability while stringently sticking to our financial limits. Get players for free and/or from France (where the wages are low and the tax is high), or take advantage of contract wrangles and release clauses.

To be fair we've ended up with a surprisingly decent squad considering the circumstances we seem to move for players in, although I was hoping after some of the post-season talk in May/June about "lessons learned" that we'd be seeing a slight shift towards plugging the imbalances that have naturally arisen. Silly me.

:thup:

Never really bought the apparent buy low sell high strategy or if that is the case we are REALLY fucking bad at it :lol:

Since Ashley has been in charge we have sold who, Ba? (not including Carroll, he was luck more than investment) at a profit?

We may not sign 'old' players because the potential to get our money back if it doesn't work out isn't there but I don't think we buy players with the intention of making money out of them.

I don't agree we have a budget as such. If we see a quality player worth £10-12m we'll try and go for it (De Jong, Aubameyang, etc) thinking we can sell for more in future, or if his true market value is worth more than that.

Think that's a fair assumption actually, although Cisse aside none of those deals have ever come off. I definitely think we're as tight as we can be on wages, agent fees, etc. and that we'll know pretty much exactly what we can afford to do window-on-window. However, as you say if something popped up to us that we could make work if it meant going outside of the pre-planned limit then they'd go to Ashley for the green light.

January was that sort of thing, but was a bit of an anomaly due to our precarious position in the league.

Never really bought the apparent buy low sell high strategy or if that is the case we are REALLY fucking bad at it :lol:

Since Ashley has been in charge we have sold who, Ba? (not including Carroll, he was luck more than investment) at a profit?

We may not sign 'old' players because the potential to get our money back if it doesn't work out isn't there but I don't think we buy players with the intention of making money out of them.

Agree with this as well, it's a lazy sort of assumption like the "trousering" one was. The one positive so far has been the fact we've kept players since Carroll, which shows that they have begun to recognise a player's value is not just in what someone else will give you for them.

Never really bought the apparent buy low sell high strategy or if that is the case we are REALLY f***ing bad at it :lol:

Agree with this as well, it's a lazy sort of assumption like the "trousering" one was. The one positive so far has been the fact we've kept players since Carroll, which shows that they have begun to recognise a player's value is not just in what someone else will give you for them.

Ashley has done well overall to be fair.  But he's showing signs of falling back to his old ways of making monumental cock ups like keeping Pardew.  That in my book is worse than hiring JFK as DOF.